Great service from Greenoaks Ascot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
All too often people bash some dealerships on the forum. Well I can only say how good Greenoaks in Ascot are.

When I started looking for a new Smart I contacted three dealers. Two followed up the enquiries regularly and kept in touch. One more so than the other. It was Chris Odell at Greenoaks who kept in touch and didnt pressure me. He even advised me that the prices for smarts were due to drop at one point and I should perhaps wait. I did. Chris even managed to secure a build slot earlier than anyone else.

The service was professional, efficient and price competitive. He made the whole buying experience pleasureable. I thoroughly recommend him and Greenoaks to any members here.

Chris is a good lad, bought a few cars off him over the years.

I too am a fan. I searched a lot of dealerships looking for a new or next to new C Class and can agree that his sales technique, and much more importantly, the after sales service are top drawer.

Greenoaks group are the worse Stealers I have ever used - back in 2003 I had a brand spanking new W203 that was only 6 weeks old stolen from inside their work shop - it was a inside job and Greenoaks took no responsibility and I had to deal directly with their insurance company who at the time were Norwich Union now known as Aviva - car was stolen from the Slough branch - someone walked in to the work shop all captured on CCTV and drove out with the car - apparently when cars were finished being worked on the keys were supposed to go into a “safe" but my key was left in the ignition.

Had many other issues i.e. damaged/kerbed alloys on two different vehicles whilst the vehicles were in for service/warranty work.

Last edited:
PS. I hope that Greenoaks read this too as legaly they cannot touch me as everything I have said is true and factual.

One car I collected was also brand spanking new and upon hand over someone had keyed the boot lid whilst parked in the showroom - again this happaned at the Slough branch...

Last edited:
So, when you popping in for your next new car?

First incident was bad luck, second unfortunate coincidence, third displays stupidity by the fourth you must be starting to enjoy it!!

Why on earth keep going back??? :doh:

First incident was bad luck, second unfortunate coincidence, third displays stupidity by the fourth you must be starting to enjoy it!!

I stopped going after the W203 was stolen off course and all my family/friends did the same but I had to use them for some warranty work and their Stealer Prinicpal and deputy Nick Tanner and Paul Smeethes were supposed to be looking after me to keep everything hush.....:rolleyes:

Thats just how patehetic they were and their service manager at Slough "Richard Barnard" was the biggest joke there and is still there apparently... thats why they don't get any business from me or my family/friends who change their cars every 2 years...

Last edited:
Had a good experience buying car there but the after sales service my not so good.

Had a good experience buying car there but the after sales service my not so good.

That’s how I first got duped in..... back then I was laid back and was very young with other things on my mind that were a priority and did not have time to travel further out to different stealerships.

There is a saying "nice guys always finish last....and its true..."

Since 2003 onwards I have become very ruthless and put myself/family/business as number one priority and its worked for me because now I don't let anyone get away f*cking me over...I always treat others how I want to be treated first and where I get outstanding level of customer service I will always praise and be loyal to them.

Whitenemesis - I have also used the Swindon Stealership (Syter Group) that you have also used - at start they were good and as soon as the service manager steped out of line they too don't get any of my business now!!! As a result I pulled out of buting a R230 SL350 from them at the last minute....:)

Last edited:
Whitenemesis - I have also used the Swindon Stealership (Syter Group) that you have also used - at start they were good and as soon as the service manager steped out of line they too don't get any of my business now!!! As a result I pulled out of buting a R230 SL350 from them at the last minute....:)

Never bought from Swindon MB but use them for servicing and sorting some issues (a couple were of my own making through unofficial 'upgrades') and they have always been most accommodating and helpful, including quite a few hours of uncharged diagnostics :thumb:

Greenoaks group are the worse Stealers I have ever used - back in 2003 I had a brand spanking new W203 that was only 6 weeks old stolen from inside their work shop - it was a inside job and Greenoaks took no responsibility and I had to deal directly with their insurance company who at the time were Norwich Union now known as Aviva - car was stolen from the Slough branch - someone walked in to the work shop all captured on CCTV and drove out with the car - apparently when cars were finished being worked on the keys were supposed to go into a “safe" but my key was left in the ignition.

Had many other issues i.e. damaged/kerbed alloys on two different vehicles whilst the vehicles were in for service/warranty work.

Slough after sales service, bunch of w**kers ! My company insist on using them and everytime my company car goes in with a fault it comes back unresolved! Other than a regular routine service, they are useless when it comes to diagnosis - trial and error cowboys style, replacing parts unnecessary.

Recently, I had a belt pulley making a noise, they said it was the smog pump so they replaced it, but still made the same noise when I picked it up. Pointed it out again to one of the service guys in a shirt and tie, he had no clue and that he would a need technician to listen (at this point I'm thinking, "ok, so are you going to send someone out to look at it ?" Nah! He made no offer to take the car in again or provide me a replacement , instead he just shrugged his shoulders), but as I needed the car I decided to drive off as is. Eventually, I knew it would fail at somepoint, the pulley on the A/C compressor smashed to pieces, tangling the belt and I limp back to greenoaks. Can't be more apparent now you would think. So a new pulley (only, not compressor) and belt was replaced, car picked up and left overnight at our office, and guess what? Following morning , about to set off, A/C not working!! Gas leaked all over on under tray and below compressor, so in we go again and this time because of oil contamination in the compressor a new one was needed ( doh!! And who's fault is that then ? "Morons!) :doh::mad:

This is just one of many bad experiences I've had with this stealer. To this day I can't understand why our fleet department still uses them.

Last edited:
Slough after sales service, bunch of w**kers ! My company insist on using them and everytime my company car goes in with a fault it comes back unresolved! Other than a regular routine service, they are useless when it comes to diagnosis - trial and error cowboys style, replacing parts unnecessary.

Recently, I had a belt pulley making a noise, they said it was the smog pump so they replaced it, but still made the same noise when I picked it up. Pointed it out again to one of the service guys in a shirt and tie, he had no clue and that he would a need technician to listen (at this point I'm thinking, "ok, so are you going to send someone out to look at it ?" Nah! He made no offer to take the car in again or provide me a replacement , instead he just shrugged his shoulders), but as I needed the car I decided to drive off as is. Eventually, I knew it would fail at somepoint, the pulley on the A/C compressor smashed to pieces, tangling the belt and I limp back to greenoaks. Can't be more apparent now you would think. So a new pulley (only, not compressor) and belt was replaced, car picked up and left overnight at our office, and guess what? Following morning , about to set off, A/C not working!! Gas leaked all over on under tray and below compressor, so in we go again and this time because of oil contamination in the compressor a new one was needed ( doh!! And who's fault is that then ? "Morons!) :doh::mad:

This is just one of many bad experiences I've had with this stealer. To this day I can't understand why our fleet department still uses them.

Ditto - I had quite a few bad experiences with them.

Their sub contracted body shop R&C are terrible/useless too.

Last edited:
Never bought from Swindon MB but use them for servicing and sorting some issues (a couple were of my own making through unofficial 'upgrades') and they have always been most accommodating and helpful, including quite a few hours of uncharged diagnostics :thumb:

Like I said at start they were reasonable but i not got enough time to go into detail - service manager was a t*sser about an issue hence they don't get my cutsom anymore and they also use a automated car wash at he back which has left a few unhappy customers with swirl marks on their body work hence I never allowed them to run mine thorugh when I did use them.:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom