Great Service From Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
Most people seem to moan about their dealers.

I have moaned in the past but glad to report that I have had a very pleasant experience from my local MB dealer.

Last week I had a letter from MB saying they would like to inspect and carry out some tests on the braking system on my 2003 E-class estate S211. Basically it was a safety recall. I phoned the dealer and they wanted the car in ASAP so it went in Tuesday morning. Whilst they had it I asked them to sort out the diesel smell, obviously a diesel leak near the engine, 2 other main dealers have failed to fix this fault.

They were very courteous, they had the car for 2 1/2 days and they told me they have replaced all the fuel pipes and sorted the brake problem, the car was given a full valet inside and out and it cost me.............nothing!

I have driven the car back to work and it does not smell like and old tractor anymore.

Well done Mercedes of Kettering:) My past bad experience with them is nearly forgotten.:D

Sounds like they did a great job there Jimmy.

There will be lots of owners getting the recall notice as it appears the saga of trying to fix SBC isn't over yet..most if not all all cars that have already been upgraded need reworking.

If I owned a four year old luxury car I wouldn't be too happy with a safety recall on the brakes, a fuel leak or requiring three visits to a main dealer to fix said leak.

:p

If I owned a four year old luxury car I wouldn't be too happy with a safety recall on the brakes, a fuel leak or requiring three visits to a main dealer to fix said leak.

:p
:D In fairness the recalls have been improvements, or ways to monitor the system. Far be it for me to fetch an air of sensibility into this conversation, but even Lexus, or is it Lexi :devil: have recalls!

There is oodles of criticism of the 'new' Lexus braking system which is a copy of Mercedes-Benz new replacement SBC.

John

:D In fairness the recalls have been improvements, or ways to monitor the system.

To quote from the letter they sent me:

" a joint quality initiative has been launched between Mercedes-Benz of Kettering and Daimler Chrysler UK Ltd to perform a safety check on your vehicle relating to the braking system."

To me that is a safety recall, no matter how you interpret the wording.

My wife does not like driving the car because she says the brakes have no feeling to them, I tend to agree but as I drive the car more I have gotten used to it. Don't get me wrong, I have every faith in the brakes ability to stop the car they just feel odd and it can be hard to brake smoothly when driving at a pace.

I had the car up on my ramp yesterday night for the first time, the whole of the underside was 'stained' with damp patches from the diesel leak, yet 2 previous dealers have failed to acknowledge there was a leak.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom