Great service with map update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JHS

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250d AMG Line Premium Plus S205 Estate
My 2017 S205 maps were out of date. Following advice on here I contacted navi-expert-uk on eBay for some advice. The response was lightening quick and I ordered a dongle for £89, considerably cheaper than MB wanted for an upgrade! The dongle arrive within days and after help and guidance from Lukas I was able to upgrade in 30 minutes!
Everything went seamlessly and I can only recommend navi-expert-uk with whom I have no connection other than as a very satisfied customer.

My 2017 S205 maps were out of date. Following advice on here I contacted navi-expert-uk on eBay for some advice. The response was lightening quick and I ordered a dongle for £89, considerably cheaper than MB wanted for an upgrade! The dongle arrive within days and after help and guidance from Lukas I was able to upgrade in 30 minutes!
Everything went seamlessly and I can only recommend navi-expert-uk with whom I have no connection other than as a very satisfied customer.
Is it a genuine and registered Mercedes upgrade?

Have to agree. Great service from the seller.

Have used them twice for map upgrades 0n 2016 C class coupe and 2017 E class coupe. The E class system had a bit of a "wobble" after upgrade whereby map was out of synch with actual location, but this rectified itself after a 30 mile journey a few days later.

On both occasions though - upgrade was sent out on a USB stick and arrived within two days of ordering. Messaged seller for activation number and recieved a reply within minutes and any subsequent queries were responded to immediately.

Would recommend if you are looking for map update at reasonable price.

Were there any instructions included?
Instructions and code were messaged when receipt of the dongle was confirmed. In truth instructions were not needed, as soon as the code was entered it updated and I just followed the screen prompts such as they were.
The new maps have a different colour set than the previous maps.
This is the map version.
2021/2022 (v15) Europe

Instructions and code were messaged when receipt of the dongle was confirmed. In truth instructions were not needed, as soon as the code was entered it updated and I just followed the screen prompts such as they were.
The new maps have a different colour set than the previous maps.
This is the map version.
2021/2022 (v15) Europe

How long does it take to do the update via USB ?.....can you do it whilst using the car or does it have to be stationary ?

How long does it take to do the update via USB ?.....can you do it whilst using the car or does it have to be stationary ?
Insert USB memory stick/dongle thingie. Follow instructions. Engine needs to be running, you can use the car and navigation, When update complete message comes up. The whole thing took 30 mins but I think that older maps may take longer to update. As I said, I am well satisfied. I am a total numptie when it comes to sofftware stuff but had all the help I needed from the seller.

Are there any other improvements to the maps you've noticed other than colour & updated roads?

I used the same seller , I updated last year, ntg4.5 it was map version V19 . 2020 Europe .
I was under the impression that ntg4.5 map updates were no longer available, the V19 was the last one .
I will give the seller a call, might as well get a newer version if it’s available .

Last edited:
Are there any other improvements to the maps you've noticed other than colour & updated roads?
Not really, but it will be nice not to be driving across empty fields according to the sat nav! The Europe maps are why I wanted an update, planning a 3month mainland/3month uk/3month mainland/ 3 month uk as from September.

I used the same seller , I updated last year, ntg4.5 it was map version V19 . 2020 Europe .
I was under the impression that ntg4.5 map updates were no longer available, the V19 was the last one .
I will give the seller a call, might as well get a newer version if it’s available .
Mine is NTG5/NTG5.5 2021/2022 (V15) Europe.

seller's eBay listing for NTG 4.5/4.7 says v20, 2022/23

please confirm what seller says.

seller's eBay listing for NTG 4.5/4.7 says v20, 2022/23

please confirm what seller says.
When I asked the seller to confirm that the listed update was ok for my car, I got a reply almost by return. Just contact him via eBay on the listing page.

Just updated my A205 Comand mapping to V15 using navi - expert - uk. Very straightforward purchase and simple installation from usb using the code supplied once usb tested in the car. £80, good job.

Insert USB memory stick/dongle thingie. Follow instructions. Engine needs to be running, you can use the car and navigation, When update complete message comes up. The whole thing took 30 mins but I think that older maps may take longer to update. As I said, I am well satisfied. I am a total numptie when it comes to sofftware stuff but had all the help I needed from the seller.

Bought the update from the same seller and all done done ! Great communication from the seller ! Thanks .

Just updated my ntg4.5 with V20 2022/2023 with SD card from navi expert, took Aprox 1.30 hrs .
Good service from Lukas @ navi expert
I was under the impression the latest version for 4.5/4.7 was version 19, are you sure you have v20 ??

Yes , V20 2022/2023 Europe
Would you care to share some of the map info file?

Extract of mine

DBINFO.ME_EU_Ver1.0
// Map Info
[Map]
Version=ES3040-03
Supplier=HERE
Release=18Q4
hmiver=2019/2020 (V19.0) EUROPE
SW-ID=00011013
E-Sample=DB_DCNTG45A_ECE_ECE_E23.0085
Map Version DVD Name=2019/2020 (V19.0) EUROPE
TMC-EventTable=120_NR212