Great service with map update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just tried UK-Navi-Expert on my pc and EBay did not give a result. Works on my phone. If you Google the name it comes up with a link to his EBay shop.
EBay searches are somewhat odd at times.

As you can see my phone gave rather odd results.
What is even stranger is the fact that I have navi expert saved in favourite seller as I have used him a couple of times. At least JHS has dropped in a good working link.

As you can see my phone gave rather odd results.
What is even stranger is the fact that I have navi expert saved in favourite seller as I have used him a couple of times. At least JHS has dropped in a good working link.
Premium Lawn Wetting Agent, the liquid formerly known as water.🤣

I've just updated my maps on the basis of this thread. Ordered on Monday. SD arrived yesterday and uploaded with no issues. A new bypass near here finished in the last year is on there, so it seems to be up to date.

Thanks for flagging this up. I'm sure Lukas will be grateful too!

I've just updated my maps on the basis of this thread. Ordered on Monday. SD arrived yesterday and uploaded with no issues. A new bypass near here finished in the last year is on there, so it seems to be up to date.

Thanks for flagging this up. I'm sure Lukas will be grateful too!
Should have asked for a forum discount! LOL

Hi
Well as others have found it all worked fine
  • Navi Expert says keep car running rather than trickle charge so the system will not go into sleep mode armed with a paperback to read
  • Put SD disk in and it recognized it then do you with to upgrade from V14 to 20............YES
  • Type code in in screen
  • First 1% took 4 minutes and just as I was starting to think OH RATS its.................and 1% was shown
  • The rest just over an hour or 10%/5minutes or 2 chapters of my rather good book
Map data 2022-23 V20.jpg

Tom Tom Valid.jpg

The Tom Tom is not actually afterwards nor the SD the map rather its music but the screen still says the same after loading the map

So as I kept asking the red and yellow traffic cars are still on the Navi Map as are POI such as petrol stations and still shows the loacal brands of petrol as in Shell etc

Well done Lukas of Navi Expert

do these come with live traffic function?

Hi seagullfan

NO its just the map......................... my point is the others still work after loading it that was my main worry. Live Traffic for 3 years was Mercades Me £250ish or £119 per year

Pirated software. Im sure Lukas is very happy, you are lining his pockets buying a product he has stolen.
I am surprised MB hasn't acted to stop him.

is this why I don't see any V20 maps available from Mercedes?

how has Lukas got the maps updated?

Pirated software. Im sure Lukas is very happy, you are lining his pockets buying a product he has stolen.

I am surprised MB hasn't acted to stop him.

is this why I don't see any V20 maps available from Mercedes?

how has Lukas got the maps updated?
Maybe Mercedes have decided not to provide any upgrades after V19 for NTG4.5 / 4.7?

He provided me with something that I was willing to buy from MB had the price been reasonable.

Where has he stolen the V20 ntg4.5 / 4.7 from? It is not available from MB.

JHS said Maybe Mercedes have decided not to provide any upgrades after V19 for NTG4.5 / 4.7?

Mercedes have written to me saying there will be no more updates for NTG 4.5/4.7 etc its too old the last one was V19:wallbash:

Hence using a aftermarket service 👍

It worked fine in France and Spain on our month away and found lots of small hamlets. The routes work well as do alternatives it shows. The traffic works as it should with it but with fuel costs up I have not had to avoid traffic jams

On it list of towns search however Bromley Kent is missing there is about 6 number 'Bromley xxxxxxx' in other parts of the UK. Odd as Bromley is is the largest in Greater London by area

Maybe it more Germany EU biased

I used the same seller , I updated last year, ntg4.5 it was map version V19 . 2020 Europe .
I was under the impression that ntg4.5 map updates were no longer available, the V19 was the last one .
I will give the seller a call, might as well get a newer version if it’s available .
I've just had my ntg 4.5 updated by mb. Now says v20 22/23.

And I should have added so far at least two new roundabouts/flyovers added that were not on V19 which I had in my previous car. So it is an update and not a "rebranding." MB Brooklands did it (at MB Brooklands prices £160) but at least I know its OEM V20 22/23. Ive used various ebay items before when it was on disk with no problems ever. But I was nervous , probably unnecessarily, about SD card and codes etc etc on the w218.

My 2017 S205 maps were out of date. Following advice on here I contacted navi-expert-uk on eBay for some advice. The response was lightening quick and I ordered a dongle for £89, considerably cheaper than MB wanted for an upgrade! The dongle arrive within days and after help and guidance from Lukas I was able to upgrade in 30 minutes!
Everything went seamlessly and I can only recommend navi-expert-uk with whom I have no connection other than as a very satisfied customer.
I paid £24.95 for the update on my 2017 W205, also from Fleabay and it works just fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom