Great trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrbottomend

Car
CLK 320 CDI Sport
Hi all, hope all happily humming along as I have been this last week.

Last Monday set off for Manchester at 0630 and cleared there in 3 with two stops of 15 all told...so 2:45 on road...wow...just full serviced and she purred...when the blacktop is good, the road clear or nearly, and the stereo is on playing some classic Tom Petty or ....long list.....

I am no madman but look to use the roads and conditions as best as can. Let's just say I am not dawdling at 60 in the inside lane...but still managed 37.8 mpg on Manc run, and 37mpg Brum to Winch this morning - I think those numbers not bad...no doubt if EDD Flashman ;-) 2 CLKs sees he might have something to say on the consumption? Hope not bad!

Is there a better feeling apart from you know what? :)

Then this morning 0600 from Birmingham to Winchester...straight through 115 miles in 95 mins...the A34 is a joy when clean of traffic...those long sweeping bends and ups and downs are just built for us..though the engine always seem to be telling me it wants more work and is still taking things easy. Now done 103 500.

Happy smile on my face at mo, chilling before Baku...Best to all and the sun will be back!

Hi all, hope all happily humming along as I have been this last week.

Last Monday set off for Manchester at 0630 and cleared there in 3 with two stops of 15 all told...so 2:45 on road...wow...just full serviced and she purred...when the blacktop is good, the road clear or nearly, and the stereo is on playing some classic Tom Petty or ....long list.....

I am no madman but look to use the roads and conditions as best as can. Let's just say I am not dawdling at 60 in the inside lane...but still managed 37.8 mpg on Manc run, and 37mpg Brum to Winch this morning - I think those numbers not bad...no doubt if EDD Flashman ;-) 2 CLKs sees he might have something to say on the consumption? Hope not bad!

Is there a better feeling apart from you know what? :)

Then this morning 0600 from Birmingham to Winchester...straight through 115 miles in 95 mins...the A34 is a joy when clean of traffic...those long sweeping bends and ups and downs are just built for us..though the engine always seem to be telling me it wants more work and is still taking things easy. Now done 103 500.

Happy smile on my face at mo, chilling before Baku...Best to all and the sun will be back!
. . Sounds like driving heaven (nearly!)
That's a grest consumption sir.
That's all I have to say about that! :)

Added bonus was prob only one beamer bummer the whole trip and no audis surprisingly as they seem to be common miscreants, as do sadly the occaional hotter A class hatches with too young drivers (age is not a number). He was up my rear tight for a mile or two despite my encouraging light flahes and hand signals to back off, so gave him a spurt to get away once road ahead cleared and left him, then backed off and let him go by at prob his tops of about 125...which he then continued off into the distance...hoping might see wrapped around something later (as long as not someone!) but sadly not.

Can only dream of consumption like that!
Am wondering if can rely on computer though! Other threads suggest have to do empty to brim and then run down, but don't like going close to empty out of perhaps habit and probs with old Ford when that happened...maybe silly...anyway...may get the Brabus bix today and see if helps any as well apart from my odd rush of blood to the throttle...never! ;-)

Just use one of the free fuel consumption tracking websites like fuelly.com or spritmonitor.de

Am wondering if can rely on computer though! Other threads suggest have to do empty to brim and then run down, but don't like going close to empty out of perhaps habit and probs with old Ford when that happened...maybe silly...anyway...may get the Brabus bix today and see if helps any as well apart from my odd rush of blood to the throttle...never! ;-)
You can do a brim to brim from the quarter mark if it worries you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom