Great value or massive risk?

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E300Hybrid E250X3 Viano C55 E450Cab A180 Smart 44 Brabus
A bargain IMO.

If I had a sparke 11.5K it would be mine.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
ML AMG-line Black Series
I may be doing the car a dis-service but the quality of the repair looks questionable in those photos.

Look at panel gaps - the side doors appear not be aligned well, and the rear door doesn't appear to be blended into the rear quarter - unless it's a trick of the light:

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car...
I may be doing the car a dis-service but the quality of the repair looks questionable in those photos.

Look at panel gaps - the side doors appear not be aligned well, and the rear door doesn't appear to be blended into the rear quarter - unless it's a trick of the light:

i agree - you could drive a smart car through the gap above the headlights

nick.ged

Car
mutty the nail; wide body amg 124 coupe
going by the wording of the ad, that car is on the register, probably cat c or d, is it really worth 11.5 k when that is taken into consideration? how much is a mint 53 plate fetching, in this financial climate?

SPX

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
That one
going by the wording of the ad, that car is on the register, probably cat c or d, is it really worth 11.5 k when that is taken into consideration? how much is a mint 53 plate fetching, in this financial climate?
In estate form, you are looking at a minimum 16k

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car...
going by the wording of the ad, that car is on the register, probably cat c or d
going by the headline of the ad, the car is cat d - "WAS CAT D LIGHT DAMAGED NOW FULLY REPAIR ED" !! :thumb: :) :doh: :D

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
Feedback not good enough in my book

corned

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
Looks like you could get your fist through the gap between the bonnet and n/s headlamp. :eek:

But as is always the case with these, you would have to inspect the thing carefully and make sure the paperwork passes muster. So - just like any other second-hand car purchase then!

nick.ged

Car
mutty the nail; wide body amg 124 coupe
16K? wow...

Egbert Nobacon

i agree - you could drive a smart car through the gap above the headlights
I have bought a number of CAT D cars over the years, repaired them/had them repaired, and then used them.

I feel that the biggest issue with purchasing a repaired CAT D vehicle is the sheer scope of damage that the classification can cover. Some vehicles have light panel damage and others are slaughtered - yet both would/could be a CAT D.

I personally would not buy an expensive repaired CAT D car unless I knew and trusted the repairer and had seen the extent of the damage beforehand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom