Great vid, one man one engine

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by HotJambalaya, Apr 15, 2014.

1. HotJambalaya

HotJambalaya Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C63
    Not sure if this has been posted before, but really interesting seeing how the engine is put together.

? Mercedes-AMG Engine Factory - YouTube

wonder if anyone here has one made by this guy

2 people like this.
  2. Felstmiester

Felstmiester Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Range rover sport
    Watched this a while back. Not sure if it was from a post on here but it's a amazing thing to watch well for me it was. It really gives you an idea of just how big the engine is. Would think it gets a bit boring for the guy tho.

3. andy-mc

andy-mc Member

Car:
    c63 coupe
    Hey - who wouldn't want a stress free job these days ;)

What really surprised me in this video was the size of the pistons - they are like dinner plates ... !!

4. daveenty

daveenty Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W213 E63s, W201 190E 2.5-16
    Agree about the sheer size of it all.

I was brought up with Ford and Leyland engines mainly 2.0 but with an occasional V6 or Rover V8 and it's not so much the size of the pistons which amazes me but the shallowness of the skirt on them.

The ones I worked on at the time seemed really lengthy in comparison. Also I sort of got used to just the one camshaft tucked away in the middle of the engine, not loads of them on the top. :)

Anyone remember the old fibre timing gears on the Ford V6? the one that used to shear itself apart for no apparent reason...