Greek translation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG Sean

Car
Chrysler 300c SRT Design CRD
My wife would like a tattoo in Greek - 'Believe in yourself' any body able to accurately translate into hellenic[not Ancient Greek - unless we do have someone who could?] script

Er, how would you know they havent told you a swear word to tattoo on her arm, hehe

As a greek I can confirm with nibbo's google translation. But the problem with greek is some sentences can become rather long. That would be an essay rather than a tatoo.

my mate got 3 small chinese symbols done on his chest when we were in barcelona....wanted it to say LOVE, WEALTH AND HAPPINESS...............turns out it says chicken balls and curry true

I forgot to mention were going back this year so hes going straight back to the tattoo shop that done it.........and getting fried rice and prawn crackers on his back......

...turns out it says chicken balls and curry
Just as (some of) us westerners sometimes use Chinese or Japanese symbols to hilarious effect for those who really understand what they mean, our eastern cousins do likewise with roman script. There are some great examples on this site.

As a greek I can confirm with nibbo's google translation. But the problem with greek is some sentences can become rather long. That would be an essay rather than a tatoo.

Would this not be better?

Πιστεύω
or
πεποίθησή μου

Nibbo is 100%;)

Many moons ago when I was a skipper we got (ahem) cigarettes from inbound ships. A jealous -not so lucky- shiftmate asked my deckhand how I did it. He told him I went out on deck and spoke Philipino to the sailors. ;)
We persuaded a tame Philipino to write on a bit card what I'd said.
We can only imagine what happened when 'Tam' presented this card to the ship cos it said...

"any chance of a xxxx with your sister?" :bannana::bannana:

Moral of the story.....let the buyer beware.

Would this not be better?

Πιστεύω
or
πεποίθησή μου

Believe - bit too religous and and my conviction - she's trying to forget the 2years in Holloway!!!!:D

Thanks anyway - it's her way of celebrating losing plenty of weight

Σας λέω την αλήθεια :thumb:

Believe - bit too religous and and my conviction - she's trying to forget the 2years in Holloway!!!!:D

Thanks anyway - it's her way of celebrating losing plenty of weight

lol oh well it was just a guess - my Tagalog :bannana: is far better than my Greek anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom