Green Laning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Which by comparison to roaming the outback, covers pretty much any laning trip in the UK ;)
Oh yeh
There are lots of Simpson & Nullarbors in the UK !!
Unless you are looking at the one called Whitehall I suppose ! ;)
Tuercas viejas

Realistically, if you're laning and need a winch on purpose to get out, you probably shouldn't be there.
That's what I said , they get 'stuck' on purpose in the hole that they make bigger every time they visit this spot just so they can use their winches (that 99.9% of the time are simply heavy ornaments) causing unnecessary damage to the ground in the process.

I have not been there for years but last time I went there was a new track formed around the hole that you could drive any car over . without the need of a winch :)

Well I bought my intended tool for the job. I've ended up with quite a tidy 2003 Mitsubishi Shogun Sport Warrior (catchy name). It's a 2.5 diesel, essentially it's based on an L200 and has 116k on the clock.

nBMHaz1.jpg

rcndIHI.jpg

cCiOq9y.jpg

Good points are that it's had only two owners, it's very very tidy for it's age. Downsides are that the second owner did all his own maintenance so there's only service history up until the second owner took it. It also has a slight oil leak somewhere under the bonnet but I'll get that sorted along with a cambelt.

Otherwise I'm very pleased with my purchase, it drives rather well and I took it on a 240 mile round trip. For a 5 speed it cruised surprisingly well.

Once I'm happy it's mechanically 100%, I'll be looking for some places to drive. I have no intention of getting it stuck! haha

That's tidy....too tidy to take off road :) If you don't want to get stuck loose the side steps ang get some decent tyres on it or stick to really dry relatively flat hard pack.

Enjoy summertime off roading 👍

I know I did think that but for just under £2,500 I'll take the risk haha My thinking is I'll start off with some dry drives and nothing too hardcore to begin with. There's a pay and play place not too far from me that looks very family friendly.

Couldn't resist sorting the stereo out so at least I can stream via Bluetooth!

PMeg3V2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom