Green & looking for good advce (please)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cleavage

Car
Looking for a CLK SPort
Hi all, thanks to a few of you I avoided a 200K Sport - it was very nice but under-powered (shocker :)

I test-drove a 350 Sport yesterday. Almost immaculate but issues with the roof that emanated a loudish 'clunk' during the last 2-seconds of the 'seating' into it's resting place. Also, an issue with the boot separator which refused to behave, hence one embarrassed owner. Also a problem with the Sat-Nav DVD which kept being spat-out of it's slot. Shame as it was a very nice car and drove very well.

Question: It had 2 MB service stamps due to only 32k on the clock - but should they not be serviced every 12 months? Or is it literally every 15,500 miles?

I'm told don't be scared by high miles - I'm almost assured don't be put off by those in the 60/70/80k range.

Gents thank you for your time and any replies...

Hi

Some cars are or were on a variable service intervals so two services in that time could be correct. If in dubt just call any MB dealer with the registration number and preferably the VIN and they can tell youthe correct service schedule for tha model and year.

As for mileage, I would nt be put of by a car in the range you specified, I would also not class those as high mileage Like all used cars, buy on condition and good history and you will rarely go wrong,

I bought an Audi A6 Avant that had covered 122,000 miles in 4 years, I covered another 103,000 miles in it and apart from service items only had a repair to an a exhuast bracket, it was still on the original clutch when it was rear ended by a bus :)

Take your time, look at a number of cars to get a feel for how they should feel and perform and enjoy whatever it is you buy :)

Thanks for the quick reply DSM10000 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom