Green oaks MB ascot rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sturge

Car
SL 500 R230 Vito sport X Brabus
Hi all, just wondered if anyone has dealt with these clowns? Maybe it's because I drive a Vito that I don't get the service I pay for or get any communication from these guys once they've had my money. Still waiting for a new remote for my auxiliary heating and it's been now two months since they changed the whole heater after me telling them it worked fine from the dash and I thought it was just the remote.... so in essence this dealership have had MB over and I hate to think what it cost for a new one. Leaving countless messages and being assured I would be called back within 30 minutes!! Had much better service when I drove a VW......Rant over:fail

Hi all, just wondered if anyone has dealt with these clowns? Maybe it's because I drive a Vito that I don't get the service I pay for or get any communication from these guys once they've had my money

I've taken our Vito there a number of times so far without any problems.

The best M-B dealership in the area is Rossetts Commercials in Aldershot, who I would strongly recommend. I went there till Ascot started doing commercials a few years ago.

Heard lots of bad reviews of Greenoaks Ascot and even more Greenoaks Slough,based on my own experience of them I viewed an aproved used ml at Slough a few years ago and I honestly thought I was on you've been framed,was the worst car I've ever seen for sale at any dealership in my 35 years of driving,it was up for sale at£24,995 and saw it a month later at a large London car supermarket for £19,995:eek:

by far the worst dealer I have ever come across.....

My experiences, tried to by A250 and C63 in the space of 18 months from them and ignored and told to come back next quarter, promptly brought elsewhere (Mercedes Brentford).

In summer last year, after they had been acquired (new owners claimed Greenoaks were 'sacked' by Mercedes due to poor performance) my c63 developed a misfire. Mercedes Assist took car to Ascot as under 4 miles from home, they fixed the fault in a day or two but damaged the interior - which they admitted in the end, why they didn't tell me i don't know, also left cardboard tubes under the bonnet.

Whilst getting the interior fixed the mechanic managed to reverse the car into a gate which resulted in a trip to the body shop. Car also developed a mysterious Radiator leak whilst in thier care which they claim was a stone chip and was done prior to it going in - really not sure I believe.

Colleague owns c63 507 and spotted it being driven recklessly near dealer whilst it was in for a service.

Avoid at all costs. I had a recent service at Mercedes Guildford, 45m-1hr drive away vs 10 mins from home who were fantastic.

I use M-B Guildford for our cars (my SL has been going there for 13 years), but they can't service commercials.

Never used them but always either used hughes at beaconsfield or green oaks at slough, since they changed ownership at slough recently the service has gone down hill.

I thought about giving Ascot a try, but if they are just as bad i'll probably have to re-think that.

Has anyone had any recent experience of servicing their AMG c63 at either MB Ascot, Slough or High Wycombe? Looking at a decent dealer and reasonable price in the Berkshire/Surrey area.

Not an AMG but MB Guildford serviced my SL500 up to and including last year, when we moved up to Shropshire. Would definitely recommend them, and their discounted labour rates and parts prices start at 3 years old (standard across all Sandown group dealerships, not just MB Guildford):

Sorry to hear about your experience, OP.
What you are experiencing can apply to almost and dealership/marque .
I had great service for years from a MB dealership but last few year, not the same.
I put it down to the people that work/lead at the place and the chap that
was my service manager was good he left.

I've had problems where the batter on key fob was not changed. I know that for
certain becuse I made sure I sent in the key that would not open and close the windows via key fob as this happens
when the battery is low but it opens the doors and tailgate. Rang them and won't go into it but
they made me feel as though I was lying. I'd paid at the time a good 600 quid for a B service a couple of years ago
and the battery costs a couple of quid. I lost faith and wondering what else they had missed as I was told the "boe has been ticked."
I told them that when I changed the batter over from the key i kept behind to the key sent to them the windows opened. Importantly I've
had a MB close to 20 years and whenever a battery is replaced the second battery as they use a 2 pack batter, the 2nd one is given, sent over with the car and that was not the case. I told the they made me feel like a liar. I took it further and they apologised fr the tome of their email, etc.
and offered to recheck the whole service, I thanked them and declined. I used another MB dealer the next year. However, more recently gone back to them as they are local even though I've had the car collected and returned to me.

I've had our other cars oil changed at Halfords recent years and change of plugs and brakes. The service manager I deal with is a good bloke and because I trust him rightly or wrongly, cars always comeback good.

Things can go wrong it's how they address them. I put it down to the person at the top just like the school I went to. If you have a rubbish person leading, sooner or later the whole place starts to go under.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom