Green seller asks advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flat6buster, Nov 20, 2010.

1. flat6buster

flat6buster Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C350e, 911sc, S320, E55K Estate
    I have agreed a sale on my van. Buyer has asked for the chassis number and the reg no. I assume there's no reason I should not release them?

I read so many scare stories of scams and I am just so green when it comes to the issue of buying and selling cars I'd really just be grateful for what I need to look out for.

At least the buyer has not asked if I will ship it to Guatemala and he'll pay me £5000 more than I advertised it for...!

2. crockers

crockers MB Club Veteran

Car:
    XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
    He may need them to get a cover note for his insurance....but have you taken a deposit yet?

3. SPX

SPX MB Club Veteran

Car:
    That one
    Shouldn't be too much to worry about mate, the buyer is more than likely doing a detailed history check on the van.
    Has he left a deposit and what details of his do you have?

4. OP
    OP
    flat6buster

flat6buster Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C350e, 911sc, S320, E55K Estate
    Thanks guys. No deposit yet, we were advertising on ebay. We've agreed he'll come next week with cash but I'm happy with the whole deal just wondering if there's something I am missing, being captain naive.

Think he mentioned about doing a check (HPI?) so I guess all is good in the hood as they say.

Addiction to the MBClub forum means I would hate to do something car related without taking advice from all the sage souls out there first!

Thanks chaps.

5. Sorry Pete

Sorry Pete Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    a most boring Honda
    Chassis and reg numbers are standard Hpi check required information. If he starts asking about the V5c document number, I'd start to raise eyebrows.

Even so, that, or the MOT test number is a requested field when a prospective buyer wants to check the MOT history of a vehicle:

Check MOT history/status online

Either way, I wouldn't be unduly concerned about it at this stage.