Greenoaks of Slough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeeJay

Car
CL500
Hi folks,

Any one had experience of Greenoaks, main dealer in Slough, for servicing.

Thanks,

Paul.

Flash said:
Staff actually rotate so be careful... Slough branch was enough to stop me going back to Greenoaks for life (apart from a blown bulb) that I had to source and fitted it myself.

Yes, they won the MBclub award for Worst Dealer .......

Flash was keen to go and present them with their award but it was veto'd in case it caused a row .....

Saying that, others have had good experiences there, but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule ...

Last edited:
Howard has hit the nail on the head - its the Slough lot that almost put me off MB altogether at one point and tehy kerbed/damaged my beautiful alloy wheel and much more... :mad:

Go somewhere else.

OK!

I have thoroughly read through these threads and it seems that Tony Purslow of Basingstoke gets excellent reviews.

My baby is a 2000 CL500 and I really want an excellent (trustworthy) service at a reasonable price. But Purslow is a good 45 min drive for me. However I hear that many of their customers do travel a fair distance.

Very confused.... any advice?

Cheers.

Depending on where you are in London you have MB Chelsea , MB Brentford and MB Walton-on-Thames. All will give you 20% discount on labour and 10% on ex-stock parts. In my experience they don't offer the service a good independent does like SS Motors or GF, but will keep your FMBSH intact.

stats007 said:
Depending on where you are in London you have MB Chelsea , MB Brentford and MB Walton-on-Thames. All will give you 20% discount on labour and 10% on ex-stock parts. In my experience they don't offer the service a good independent does like SS Motors or GF, but will keep your FMBSH intact.

I was in Chelsea the other day to grab some tools for my bike (a rotor removal tool; which I didn't find; bah), but on the way back I stopped for a macdonald's and noticed a huge MERCEDES BENZ building... I'm guessing thats the dealer? Are they good?

I'm looking for some parts for my car to; its not been my month... but I'm taking the chance to add some stuff, parking sensors, those cute things on the keys someone posted a while back, and a dimming mirror.

Michele

Chelsea is Chelsea and suitably snobbish I'm afraid, though I couldn't fault the work they did. MB Brentford is very busy and I doubt I'd go back purely because the cars are all squashed together. MB Walton are good for parts but the service department I'm not a fan of. MB World will be open by the time my car is due for it's next service so will try them!

Tony Purslow have a good reputation on the forum, but my experience was entirely bad, they damaged my brand new car and denied all liability. They do offer 40% off labour for cars over 6 years old though.

I use Greenoaks in Bracknell and they offer a reasonable service but are horrendously expensive.

PeeJay said:
OK!

But Purslow is a good 45 min drive for me. However I hear that many of their customers do travel a fair distance.

Very confused.... any advice?

Cheers.

Try Hughes of Beaconsfiled - they are better than Greenoaks...

I've used both Tony Puslow (Basingstoke), Greenoaks (Slough & Bracknell).

Tony Purlsow are by far the best (& the cheapest of the 3), Greenoaks Bracknell actually have provided very good service to us although their labour rate is expensive at £90 or £95 per hour IIRC.

I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Purslows in Beijingstoke, as I personally have never had an issue with them at all.

K

Greenoaks Bracknell actually have provided very good service to us although their labour rate is expensive at £90 or £95 per hour IIRC.

It will be interesting to see how Greenoaks Bracknell fare when they move into their new premises later this year. The facilities certainly look very good. I live less than half a mile from the new site so it would certainly make things easier for me if it turns out positively!

Another thumbs up for Tony Purslow, been using them for 3yrs / 82k miles and no problems at all. Friendly and efficient. Only minor quibble is that they have become so popular they get quite busy !

In defense of Greenoaks Slough.

I had a 190E 2.6 with something wrong with the OS rear door - couldn't open from the outside & the child lock was on so couldn't open from the inside either. I managed to get the doorcard off but couldn't do anything with the lock, even after 2 hours of effort. John Griffiths in Caversham tried for an hour & couldn't do anything either.

I went to G.Oaks Slough to get a part & mentioned my problem to the partsman. He said talk to the Service Mgr., which I did. The SM, a short, gingerish Scot, came out, had a look, went & got a couple of tools & a bit of wire, crawled across the back seat & 10 minutes later had the door open. He didn't want anything for his trouble & I had practically stuff a tenner into his hand.

I was SO pleased.

malc_n said:
Another thumbs up for Tony Purslow, been using them for 3yrs / 82k miles and no problems at all. Friendly and efficient. Only minor quibble is that they have become so popular they get quite busy !

Yeah, like a month's wait for a courtesy car!!

Last edited:
Tony Purslow - I only have experience of the Basingstoke concern - are good, but not perfect. They offered to give me a lift to my Basingstoke office (good) but this lift was in a dirty Smart car driven by a mechanic with Radio 1 blaring (bad).

Also, they phoned me to say my car was ready, I got a taxi to the dealership at my own expense (which I was happy to do as they squeezed me in with not much notice), however upon arrival, I had to wait an additional 35 minutes whilst they just seemed to faff around.

I think they are fine and are focused on doing the right thing, just the final bit of polish could be good.

Also, when the above experience occured was during a time when the dealership was being renovated, so the place was busy with builders and bemused customers - maybe that was a factor?

Just to add my own experience of Greenoaks...

Greenoaks Reading were pretty good the other day when I turned up for a configuration change to my COMAND set up, doing the work with no appointment for no fee levied. I'd defintely consider them next time I need a service.

neilrr said:
In defense of Greenoaks Slough.

I had a 190E 2.6 with something wrong with the OS rear door - couldn't open from the outside & the child lock was on so couldn't open from the inside either. I managed to get the doorcard off but couldn't do anything with the lock, even after 2 hours of effort. John Griffiths in Caversham tried for an hour & couldn't do anything either.

I went to G.Oaks Slough to get a part & mentioned my problem to the partsman. He said talk to the Service Mgr., which I did. The SM, a short, gingerish Scot, came out, had a look, went & got a couple of tools & a bit of wire, crawled across the back seat & 10 minutes later had the door open. He didn't want anything for his trouble & I had practically stuff a tenner into his hand.

I was SO pleased.

You wont be saying that when they "botch" your brand new car up and damage it too...!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom