Greetings (and salutations)!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NicosRex

Car
E350 Estate W212
After 5 years of relatively trouble free ownership my daily driver and caravan tug, a 2009 Volvo V70 D5 AWD (aka The Swedish Hearse) has to go since the rear axle is on the way out and replacing it would cost as much as it’s value. Can’t complain as it’s got 196k on the clock and has a certain distinctive style about it.

I never thought that I would come to love it as much as I do but the sorrow of saying goodbye on Friday will be mitigated by my delight as I drive home in the E350 Wagon that is replacing it. (2012 80k AMG spec). As it’s in black it will, of course, be known as The German Hearse.

Towbar being fitted the following Friday and first longish trip with the caravan will be to Cornwall next month.

I would be having a word with Volvo, only 196k and needs a major repair, not good enough LOL

Hope you enjoy the Merc, I tow with our 220 CLS Shooting Brake and it’s a dream to drive as a tug for our Coachman 520/4 ViP, but sadly not this year as we’ve decided against it, instead just having some local picnics using my 350 SL
This way we can keep away from large crowds.

I would be having a word with Volvo, only 196k and needs a major repair, not good enough LOL

Hope you enjoy the Merc, I tow with our 220 CLS Shooting Brake and it’s a dream to drive as a tug for our Coachman 520/4 ViP, but sadly not this year as we’ve decided against it, instead just having some local picnics using my 350 SL
This way we can keep away from large crowds.

Somewhat disappointed that I never got to see the odometer flick over to 200000 miles 😥 Replacing the axle would have cost more than she is worth.

Our Bailey Unicorn 3 Vigo weighs about the same as your Coachman so I am sure that I will have no problems. We are getting a few short breaks at CL sites so we won’t be surrounded by hordes of idiots. I have been working all through this insanity and SWMBO has been furloughed so we have been getting a bit stir crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom