Greetings Earthlings!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RodgerDodger

Car
99 - E300 TD - W210
Just want to say Hello everyone.
I've been reading your posts for a wee while now and find the forum VERY informative. Good lagh too with the banter!.
I live in Scotland and drive an E300 TD (yes a 210) - it truly is a fantastic car to drive.
Looking forward to getting more involved.
Regards R.:)

Hello mate , welcome on board !

Yes DM - its magic!
Bye the bye love your posts - coincidently changed my exhaust just this morning! very quiet - cheep too:
Bosal Back Box + CAT (EEC - probably cr**p though) all fitted for 330 pounds.
if i may so bold, ....have a :bannana:

Aaaaaargh !!

Why are pirates called pirates ?
They just Arrrrrrrrgh ..... :D

Bye the bye love your posts -
Arr, you are the one..:D
coincidently changed my exhaust just this morning! very quiet - cheep too:
Bosal Back Box + CAT (EEC - probably cr**p though) all fitted for 330 pounds.
if i may so bold, ....have a :bannana:

Hmm, didn't know Bosal did the Cat, but just checked it's in the catalogue now.:)
IMO, Bosal exhausts are good quality and fit well and seem to last better than the OEM Merc ones.

I guess your front pipe was gone in a similar fashion to mine, but it seems a shame to chuck away a good cat for the pipe being rusty. If Merc used stainless for the whole exhaust it would be better...for us..:D

Arr, you are the one..:D

Hmm, didn't know Bosal did the Cat, but just checked it's in the catalogue now.:)
IMO, Bosal exhausts are good quality and fit well and seem to last better than the OEM Merc ones.

I guess your front pipe was gone in a similar fashion to mine, but it seems a shame to chuck away a good cat for the pipe being rusty. If Merc used stainless for the whole exhaust it would be better...for us..:D

Hi DM
Sorry, the CAT was not a Bosal - the manufacturer was EEC? i think - this CAT did not look too good wrt quality - time will tell. I did not whant to throw away the original CAT as it looked fine - the reason i replaced it was because the downstream pipework was shot.
For info-according to thier webside, ECP currently have a 'Genuine' Cat in stock (i think in wembley branch ?) for 350 +VAT. thats a good price me thinks

. I did not whant to throw away the original CAT as it looked fine - the reason i replaced it was because the downstream pipework was shot.

It's always the pipework down from the Cat that goes due to being alumised mild steel tubing, the Cat and upstream tube is Stainless steel, so never corrodes.
Rather than buy a replacement Cat you could have a Staineless pipe added onto your own cat cheaper.

Hello and welcome, you shall have lots more fun here

It's always the pipework down from the Cat that goes due to being alumised mild steel tubing, the Cat and upstream tube is Stainless steel, so never corrodes.
Rather than buy a replacement Cat you could have a Staineless pipe added onto your own cat cheaper.

I am kicking myself - i honestly thought that . I even asked the chap to keep me the original CAT with a bit if the downstream pipework which he did. He was expecting to retain the CAT - i knew this so felt obliged to bung him 30 for me taking it back. The garage was very small so i popped out with the CAT and laid it down just ouside his front gate to the garage - youve gused it - by the time we got the car off the hoist and to the front gate - It was gone! b***ocks!.

It's a good job nobody laughs when they hear things like this....

:D :D :D :D :D

Welcome, its good to have someone from north of the border joining. We're planning a meet in Stirling in October BTW

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the forum. Hope it didn't put you off that a few were forced to walk the plank?! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom