Greetings from a newbie (and 560SEC owner)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

br1anstorm

Car
1990 Mercedes Benz 560 SEC
First post on this forum... so this is just to say hello, and I hope to learn lots, and maybe contribute a little.

I have returned to UK - and live now near Inverness in Scotland - after years of working overseas (mostly in the Middle East), and I have only recently discovered the value of internet forums. I have a 1990 560 SEC, left hand drive; the first owner ordered it via MBUK Export to use when he moved to France, and I bought it from him about four years ago.

My regular daily vehicle is a 1993 Jeep Cherokee (also LHD, US spec), and I also have a couple of other obscure "collectors cars". Have found the Jeep forums full of valuable info, and I'm sure this MB Club one is equally good.

Now I'm off to browse and post in one or two of the subject-forums!

br1anstorm

Welcome - you have discoverd a good bunch of people who are so very helpful too!

Car sounds nice - care to post some pics?

Welcome welcome - agree with what him above said - would love to see some pic's and also hear more about your other "collectors" items ;) :D

welcome ...

Yes i had a 560, great car. Replaced it with the C43.

Welcome!

Hi and welcome. Always liked the SEC, test drove a 420 several years ago nice car.

Welcome - you have discoverd a good bunch of people who are so very helpful too!

Car sounds nice - care to post some pics?

Welcome welcome - agree with what him above said - would love to see some pic's and also hear more about your other "collectors" items ;) :D

Thanks to all for kind replies. I'm not sure I have quite got the hang of posting pics as attachments to forum messages: the pixel-size limits sometimes cause a problem. But in response to the two requests above, this is an experiment to see if I can upload a couple of pics. Here goes...

Mercedes 560 SEC_002.jpg

(only one pic here - see second one in later posting below)

And incidentally apart from my Jeep, my other cars are a 1983 Matra Murena 2.2 (don't say "what's that"!), and a 1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula. Both LHD, both quite rare. Photos might follow when I've found and edited them.

br1anstorm

Last edited:
SEC's (and CE's) rule !! :rock:

Love the colour of your one too !

Welcome.
Nice motor you have there.

(You may want to hide your reg number though;) )

Welcome.
Nice motor you have there.

(You may want to hide your reg number though;) )

I'm learning as much about photo editing as about MBs thanks to this forum! Here, I think, is a suitably doctored version of the pic concerned.

Mercedes 560 SEC_001 edit.jpg

SEC's (and CE's) rule !! :rock:

Love the colour of your one too !

Mercedes calls it "Impala". According to the logbook it's gold. James May (Top Gear) once wrote an article arguing that brown couldn't possibly be an appropriate colour for a car, on the grounds that "...brown is good for organic matter where it is infinitely varied in hue and texture, which is why it looks good on conkers and labradors. It even looks good in the interior of my old Porsche because brown leather gets delightfully mottled like an old chukka boot. But in a solid and unrelenting form like paint it doesn't work, and especially not in anything intended to invoke a desire for movement. Brown is not the colour of progress..."

Me - I'm happy that it's a colour which doesn't seem to attract the unwelcome attentions of Plod!

Much better:D
You never know what thieving gits might clone next:crazy:

And there was me thinking I'd returned from living in dangerous and remote foreign places to settle down in a civilised law-abiding country. Oh well...!

LOL, it might do now.
We have a member on here by the name of plodd:D
He's a nice chap though;)

Matra Mureno eh? Is that the mid-engined one with three seats abreast?
Nice SEC. Good colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom