Greetings from Leicestershire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrCoke

Car
nothing at the moment
Hi everyone and yes before you start I know its late and I've finished uni and don't start again until September and I'm going crazy looking for a car... So anyways urm I've signed up because I'd like some opinions and possibly advice in relation to my next vehicle purchase.

So what do I do want?

Well my dream car since being at school was to always own the 'CL' series of the Mercedes brand however reading numerous posts on different forums regarding the reliability issues that the 'CL' Mercedes have, I'm a little frightened as I may become 'broke' whilst owning one. I have my eyes set on a low mileage pre-facelift CL however I'd like to know what should I be looking for upon inspection.

What should I be looking out for?

I've read about the 'ABC' suspension issues however I'd like to know apart from the visual obvious leak, what steps/procedure should I take to test the 'ABC' system to ensure me it is not of defect and in good working order.

I'm looking to hopefully purchase this week ideally on Friday or Saturday as I'm currently in a courtesy car (side scraped by Police whilst on emergency call) and its being collected this wednesday. If I can't find a decent 'CL', what would you advise on a '2002 Mercedes C32'? I keep thinking to get this one because of the ABC stories but then I'll always want a 'CL' as its always been the car I've wanted. I was originally looking to get a BMW E60 diesel but hearing the swirl flaps issue and the diesels not being as smooth as other brands I've decided to get a Mercedes.

Apologies for the long post and I appreciate every help possible regarding my query.

:D

?bump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom