Greetings from Surrey

Savcom

Car
2002 Blue SLK320 known as Silkie
Hi everyone.

First post here - although I have been a (dormant) member for about a 12-month. I bought a 2002 SLK320 almost one year ago (doesn't time fly when you are enjoying yourself!!) and she has been everything I could wish for - fast, flouncy and full of life!

The car had had a full respray in 2014 so the paint is near pristine and there's no rust I can see on the usual spots so I'm very pleased with the condition. The car needed a service B when I got her and since then I've had to add three tyres, a headlamp (cracked!) and two boot struts. I've also changed the head unit, the drinks tray, the grille, added Bluetooth and organised a mount for my smartphone. All minor mods but all worth while.

I've been so impressed with the little Merc that I'm now looking at what to do with the BMW - the other car in my garage. I've a 2002 e39 530D. Very capable, still good, but getting to the point where it will need a lot of attention soon and the decision is - do I pay for that attention - or switch to something new? And then what would be a suitable replacement? C-Class? E-Class? Something else? And I thought let's ask a Mercedes forum what's what!

Thanks for reading - and over to you!

Savcom

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
Hi & welcome. We started with a Merc (my SL) plus a VW and an Audi. The VW got replaced by a V6 Vito, then the Audi went in favour of a V6 C Class estate :D

gbjeppm

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E Coupe 350cdi, W166 ML 250 Cdi Sport, R171 SLK 350, Suzuki V Strom DL650
Welcome to a fellow surrey member.

OP
OP
S

Savcom

Car
2002 Blue SLK320 known as Silkie
So it seems that once you get one Merc - you just keep buying them!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom