Grille change on w212 or s212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AJA

Car
S212 2014 E250 CDI AMG Sport
Has anyone changed the upper grille on their E class w212 or s212?

I usually like to individualise my cars and I'm thinking a grille change might be a good idea. Any pictures anyone can share? Obviously there are a few on eBay, but I'd prefer to see photos of real cars.

Thanks in Advance

This is what I have now -

Merc-Grille.jpg

The only thing is that most Mercs have the same big star in the middle of the grille
A,Class, B class, C class and now the New E class. A& B class I've read have Renault desiel engines. It means that all the mercs now look the same and if you look in the mirror when driving it's difficult to tell what it is.
The standard W212 grill is no beauty but yo can see what it is straight away ???

Grille changes (in general) on pre-facelift W212 look terrible (IMHO) but looks really good on yours!

Would be great to see a 3/4 abglez

I reckon it wouldn’t work on my palladium silver but works okay on the black. Maybe a black coupe?

Strange really. The white car just looks wrong somehow, the black one OK.

I was flirting with the idea of one of those 'diamond' grills like on the A-class.
Decided better off not faffing and spending the money on oil cooler seals 👍 :D

:rolleyes: :) Strange really, of course you're wrong. :p👍
It may be just that the photo posted has little depth to it, and the car looks very foreshortened and almost flat-fronted compared to the black one; if not, give me your postcode and I'll find your nearest Specsavers...;)

The Avantgarde grille always looks better, or at least more traditional 'Mercedes', than the later one or two-bar grilles; the pre-facelift W212 was the last E-class to look distinctively Mercedes from the front, even if the cockpit could be almost any high-end car.

The swirly diamonds thing is foul on any car.

I'm warming considerably to the Panamerica grille on some models...

Other opinions are of course available; wrong, but available...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom