Grille change to diamond on a207

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonerp

Car
E250 amg convertible
Hi folks I've done some searching online but couldn't find whether or not the grille change needs the lights or bumper out? Any ideas?
Thanks. P

On the W204, which your C207 is based on, it does not. But check on YouTube to be sure.

To just change the grill on an A207 you don't. Assume this is a 2014- facelift if going to the diamond grill. Pre and post facelift grills are not interchangeable.

In this case you will need and aftermarket grille.

Should cost £120-200.

They look OK once on the car, but the overall quality of the plastic is generally poor.

To just change the grill on an A207 you don't. Assume this is a 2014- facelift if going to the diamond grill. Pre and post facelift grills are not interchangeable.
yes its 2014 e250 convertible

In this case you will need and aftermarket grille.

Should cost £120-200.

They look OK once on the car, but the overall quality of the plastic is generally poor.
OK only seen one on ebay for £185. Anyone recommend one with a good finish?

I take it you don't have the adaptive braking / speed control and cameras in the grill as apparently this gets really messed up with this type of grill. No expert but seen some real issues report by the US guys who have tried it.

I will look later! Still getting used to the car!! No camera but I think it has the "you're too close to the car in front" warning which beeps and lights a triangle on the dash... Is that the adaptive braking? Or just a warning. It has cruise control

Had a look at the grille and can't see any sensors on it. What am I looking for and where? Anyone have this model who can take a couple of pics ?
Thanks

Sounds like you are ok then. It may well be the later models which were having issues.

Good fit (link above) and decent plastics. Be gentle easing the old one out and unclipping the chrome bottom trim and badge.

Attachments

• 20190423_173613-2016x1512.jpg
    20190423_173613-2016x1512.jpg
    742.2 KB · Views: 38
Further snap

Attachments

• 20190423_173619-2016x1512.jpg
    20190423_173619-2016x1512.jpg
    804.7 KB · Views: 21
Hi I’d like to change my grill to the new diamond grill I’m finding it hard to search it. Mines A207 convertible 2016 any help would be
Appreciated

The 2013 onwards 207 never had an OEM diamond grille so any one for sale will be aftermarket. I've been thinking of putting one on my C class but it's full bumper off unfortunately , what I have noticed on most aftermarket copies is that they only have 12 rows of "diamonds" either side of the star whereas the OEM ones have 13 .

The 2013 onwards 207 never had an OEM diamond grille so any one for sale will be aftermarket. I've been thinking of putting one on my C class but it's full bumper off unfortunately , what I have noticed on most aftermarket copies is that they only have 12 rows of "diamonds" either side of the star whereas the OEM ones have 13 .
Oh right. I’d rather 12 I’m superstitious. Oh well I’ll keep on searching thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom