Grille star and backing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MARKC4995

Car
C class coupe w204 220cdi
Morning i have 2012 c class coupe C204

Don’t know why but i am having issues and could do with help please.

Had a damaged original grille so decided to upgrade to a diamond grille.

Did not come with centre star and told to use original, look all over you tube etc to be told turn and it comes out...it does not

Ordered new star andbacking and that also does not go in by insert and twist....what am i missing as now broken tabs on star please help.

If I recall when I did mine after hitting a pigeon, there are a lot of little tabs to bend back to remove the centre star.

Mine comes out dead easily. Just twist it anticlockwise until the top prong of the star is at 11 o'clock. Just pulls out then.

When I upgraded my W212 grill the Star did not fit. Had to use Araldite epoxy resin for firm fix. You're probably not gonna need to take it off again

If I recall when I did mine after hitting a pigeon, there are a lot of little tabs to bend back to remove the centre star.
This.

Replaced mine last week and there were about 6-8 tabs that needed to be held in to get the star out. Very tricky but not impossible.

Then fitted it into new grill with a very firm click. No rotating as some you tube videos/instructions suggest.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom