Grinding Noise turning left and under acceleration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrellp

Shropshire,but moving to Crete in next 2-3years
Car
2001 CLK 320 Convertible
Hi fellow MB owners.
I am new to this forum so a quick introduction about myself and car. My name is Darrell and I (proudly) own a 2001 CLK 320 Convertible. It has given me 6 years trouble free motoring up until last week. I have noticed a horrible grinding noise coming from the o/s front of the car.This happens when i am turning left (even at slow speeds) or whilst accelerating. It is more prominant when the engine is cold but still does it when warm. There is no noise when i turn right, even when I "boot" it. There is no problem with gear changes (Auto box) and in a straight line is quiet. I drove the car hard over some rough terrain (or commonly known as the British road network) to see if it might be a bearing/ball joint but nothing.
Can anybody help or point me in the right direction?

Best Regards

Darrell

Hello Darrell and welcome to the forum,

Im afraid I cant help with your issue, however I'm sure somebody on here will. Should your post drop down the pages and not get you an answear 'it can happen', just post the word 'bump' on it to bring it back to the top.

Welcome again, and good luck.

Simon

Welcome Darrell.

Looks like everyone is out enjoying the sun. Someone will pop along soon with an answer I'm sure.

Well I`ve finally found the problem. After much searching the culprit is the o/s engine mount has worn. The exhaust is catching the suspension under load as the engine "dips" when power applied. :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom