GROUP BUY GPS/Laser/Radar Detectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Jimmy

Apologies as you're trying to get a group buy together.

I've just bought a brand new Snooper S6 from Ebay for £370 and there a few more going on buy it now for £390 aswell.

I just missed out on an Origin Blue eye last week for £240 aswell so theres bargains to be had.

I did a search on completed items and most S6's seem to go for between £350 and £400 so may be worth having a look on there if you don't get a satisfactory price from a group buy.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
I was worried why you didn't protest that one Jimmy!!!

Back to topic - do you think there is any behind a W202 grill that that can house the radar/laser head? I presume it has to have some line of sight or will it function behind the bumper?

We should have fun designing the install of this. We could have a Snooper Install GTG, do each of the cars in turn. We have enough w202's to master the install!

I think the laser/radar has to have a line of sight, either through the windsceen or through the grill. I see a flaw already, it won't pickup anything from the rear!

I've just bought a brand new Snooper S6 from Ebay for £370 and there a few more going on buy it now for £390 aswell.

So VikJ, tell us what you think of the Snooper S6? Is it easy to install how well does it work? Where did you mount the laser/radar detector unit?

VikJ - Is it the S6R Neo you have (with Radar and Laser) or just the S6R (GPS only)?

Another plus for the Road Angel - claims to detect Laser from rear too. Road Angels available on Ebay for about £330. Snooper looks like the full monty package though and it's the discount that's appealling.

So VikJ, tell us what you think of the Snooper S6? Is it easy to install how well does it work? Where did you mount the laser/radar detector unit?

Only just bought it today! I've been looking at them on EBay since the thread started earlier this week but can see the advantages of the S6 over the Bue I.

It should hopefully arrive sometime during the week but probably won't be able to install it until next weekend. I'm going to try and keep it all as portable as possible so that I can switch it between the C200 and the A160. Not sure how easy that will be until I get it.

I'll post any findings, issues or problems when I can.

I have 2 mates who both have the Snooper S6R fitted and they have said they are very very good, I would be definately be interested if you could get a decent discount, the cheapest I can get it is £400 fitted.

Originally posted by n3thn
I have 2 mates who both have the Snooper S6R fitted and they have said they are very very good, I would be definately be interested if you could get a decent discount, the cheapest I can get it is £400 fitted.

Is that for the S6R Neo with Laser/Radar detector?

If so, you better let us all know where you can get it supplied and fitted for £400. Fitting has got to be worth £50-60 so that makes the unit £340-£350. If you approach them about a group buy for supply only they might drop a bit more and we are well away.

I don't hold much hope for getting a group buy for much less than £370ish, I am hoping for better but can't see it.:(

Let us know where n3thn.

Result 1

I have just been talking to one bloke and the best he can do is £365 if we buy 8 or 10 in one go. We have interest here for 9 so we are not too far off.

Trouble is I will have to buy them through my company (nearly £4k:crazy: ) and get the money off you lot by credit card and then send the units out again individually.

Logistically it causes problems, firstly my cashflow, really I need to collect the money before I order them. Secondly I will have to charge you all postage which will be about £6-7 each and I will also need to cover credit card charges and show a small profit or else I will get into trouble. The accountant does not like me selling stuff at cost!:devil:

So I think we will be looking at a final price of £380 for the Snooper S6R-Neo.

But........

I have just joined a buying group where we get big big discounts off many goods from different approved suppliers. There is a trade show this Thursday and I have just checked the list of approved suppliers and guess who is there..............SNOOPER:bannana: :bannana:

I phoned them but they can't discuss prices before the show, lets wait until Thursday to see what happens.

A slight snag, I am away all of next week on holiday, I really wanted one before I go but I guess I can wait. So if anything comes of this it is unlikely we can get them until the following week starting June 16th.:crazy:

Jimmy,

I have only had the Snooper a couple of weeks & as yet have not had chance to use it much (I don't travel as much as I used to).

If you would like to borrow it just let me know.:D

Jimmy

I am waiting for an email to come back from the guy who supplies and fits them to see if he will do a deal and come down from his £400 fitted for a few units.
I will post as soon as I find out.

By the way the guy is based in Manchesterand yes that is for the all singing all dancing model.

Thanks Jon

At least we are seeing some discounts.

Fitting sounds good, but we are all spread out and some of us may not want installed.

Maybe the lowest unit price is best to go for.

Jimmy - supplying a credit card number prior to your order is no problem.

The Snooper kit comes with all the wires etc.. to either have it hard wired or via the cigar lighter. Both units can be stuck on the windscreen or the kit even has sticky velcro pads to stick it on the dash.

One of the reasons for me buying this kit is that I intend using it in more than one car. The kit may not look pretty with all the wires lying about on the dash but it only takes seconds to remove.

Originally posted by fuzzer
Fitting is a piece of easyness:D

I wouldn't have a clue how to get the wire from the grill (for the radar detector) into the car! £400 fitted for me would probably be the best deal, or just for supply only it would need to be nearer £350 for me to be interested.

I'm with RichardM on this one ....

Just a thought, would this group buy be worth posting on other forums to see if we can get more takers thus bringing the price down a bit further.

Also a couple of my mates might also be interested.

More people would make it more difficult for Jimmy to organise though.

Originally posted by Tan
Just a thought, would this group buy be worth posting on other forums to see if we can get more takers thus bringing the price down a bit further.

Also a couple of my mates might also be interested.

Personal freinds I expect jimmy might cater for, but I personally would like some discount but get the device sometime soon, not go on the ultimate quest for low price and not see it until next year.

Of course if we have sufficient numbers to achieve the level of discount that we all want then lets buy it now. I am ready to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom