Group Buy of Isoft CR Pro ($$ Discount)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No luck for me, just tried on a W204 and "Link Error".

Also tried on a W211 & W212, same error.

Have been on to LJM to see about getting it fixed.

Something definitely wrong there Pat.....

Certainly seems to be, just tried it on a W163 and it read it OK.
Back to a W212 and "Link Error".

Still waiting on a repsonse from LJM, have called them about 10 times, no way to get through just goes to a message system.

Bit dissapointed, no reply to my email or a few telephone messages left today.

Did some more test videos on W204 & W212.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sort of get the feeling now I'm being given the run around as last thing iCarsoft were asking for was Log files and VIN numbers.

When I sent the 3 Log files recorded they made a big thing about 2 of them not being valid log files!
Well speak to your tool or software guys because I only sent what your tool recorded. :wallbash:

I would format your SD card in your PC and download all the files again using the iCarsoft software...

Latest update sent by iCarsoft installed today, same result. :(

When I had problems with my icarsoft not updating and just wiping the card I managed to get through via email to lily@bongtech. Who was as much use as a bicycle would be to a goldfish............. :wallbash: After a waiting a week while their "engineers" fixed the update software it all worked again. The response time to emails was very slow.

When I had problems with my icarsoft not updating and just wiping the card I managed to get through via email to lily@bongtech. Who was as much use as a bicycle would be to a goldfish............. :wallbash: After a waiting a week while their "engineers" fixed the update software it all worked again. The response time to emails was very slow.

Dissapointed with LJM, no way to contact them by telephone, they simply go to an answer machine and never return a call.

What is wrong with simply saying, return the unit and we will repair!

I'm sorry to read this pmcgsmurf.

iCarsoft and it's resellers have a shocking reputation for support if you look online, and on other forums.
When I was trying to ask them questions about the unit prior to this group buy, I never got a response.

The consensus seems to be:
- if you get a fault within the first 12 months, make 'reasonable' attempts to get the seller to fix it (this will fail as you have found); then,
- take them to small claims court to enforce your rights. They will suddenly become responsive; or
- if you're out of the 12 months warranty, you are probably on your own.

Unfortunately for the Mercedes hobbyist, there doesn't seem to be a similar price point piece of kit elsewhere. It needs a lot more spending to get something that can do the same stuff.
When I bought this on the group buy, I've done so keeping my fingers crossed.
I hope you can get a response out of them that bucks the trend of the feedback I've read.
Do keep us updated because it would be reassuring to know that this might possibly be remedied by the manufacturer 🤞

Yes, pretty disappointing.

Our company sells the odd thing on Amazon.
If something goes wrong we are there by email and phone.
I've had customers with a faulty unit they bought 3 years ago.
Simply ask them to return the unit so we can check and repair.
To date we have not charged for an out of warranty repair, just not worth the hassle, our reputation is more important.

Back to LJM, no call back today so I've now told them I'll return it.
Not interested in trying anything more, think I've done enough.

If no response from LJM we may ditch iCarsoft and go for a proper Pro unit.
We had the conversation today, is it better value to have a £250 unit that does nothing or a £500 one that works!

What is most disappointing is that I had the fault out of the box and reported it to LJM so you would think they would want to put it right.

Got my Star on charge. ;)

Bit dissapointed, no reply to my email or a few telephone messages left today.

Did some more test videos on W204 & W212.

Sort of get the feeling now I'm being given the run around as last thing iCarsoft were asking for was Log files and VIN numbers.

When I sent the 3 Log files recorded they made a big thing about 2 of them not being valid log files!
Well speak to your tool or software guys because I only sent what your tool recorded. :wallbash:
What was the date of the last update you had? And do yiu have a copy of what was updated ?
Yes, pretty disappointing.

Our company sells the odd thing on Amazon.
If something goes wrong we are there by email and phone.
I've had customers with a faulty unit they bought 3 years ago.
Simply ask them to return the unit so we can check and repair.
To date we have not charged for an out of warranty repair, just not worth the hassle, our reputation is more important.

Back to LJM, no call back today so I've now told them I'll return it.
Not interested in trying anything more, think I've done enough.

If no response from LJM we may ditch iCarsoft and go for a proper Pro unit.
We had the conversation today, is it better value to have a £250 unit that does nothing or a £500 one that works!

What is most disappointing is that I had the fault out of the box and reported it to LJM so you would think they would want to put it right.

Got my Star on charge. ;)
It's a very disapointing experience.And from a company that claims to be a leader in OBD scanners..if they have a review page on their website, would be a good idea to put a review on it,warts and all..might get a reaction then

The reviews should go on Google and Trust Pilot. And here.

And then email links of the reviews to iCarsoft CEO.

What was the date of the last update you had? And do yiu have a copy of what was updated ?

It's a very disapointing experience.And from a company that claims to be a leader in OBD scanners..if they have a review page on their website, would be a good idea to put a review on it,warts and all..might get a reaction then

Got an update from them today.
Just a file you download and run and it overwrites the SD card (is it TR card they call it).

I had Firmware Package
V20.05 on 30th January Benz V 11.50

V20.12 on 5th February now.

LJM told me earlier they don't have a phone number so have no idea what I'm ringing.

Well that will be the one listed on your web site. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Formatted the SD card again once more.

Copied all the new stuff from iCarsfoft onto it as per their instructions.

Connected to the W212 and......."Link Error".

I now give up, going back on Monday.

Formatted the SD card again once more.

Copied all the new stuff from iCarsfoft onto it as per their instructions.

Connected to the W212 and......."Link Error".

I now give up, going back on Monday.

Do any versions of the c class work ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom