group buy re map's

location in the north

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good luck. I think you will be suitably impressed with Angel's professionalism, i was.

Hi matty,

Just catching up on things here and as I have an old jalopy Passat as it could do with a bit more oomph!! I may as well join in the fun too.

Hopefully I'll check in the morning to see if I can get a slot and book in.

Well done and thanks for organising it. :thumb:

matty.13 c32amg
matty.13's mate ford focus st
moonloop w20 clk 500
sc320 w20 s20 cdi
boxer 01 w211 e320 cdi
tinker clk 320 cdi
zenman63 115 vito sport auto
john kerr w209 clk 220 cdi
moonloops mate cl500
t567wab vito 111 cdi
mw_C32 - VW Passat

Mark.

hey mark it would be good to have you with us . give nigel a call , he's more than happy to help :thumb:

hey mark it would be good to have you with us . give nigel a call , he's more than happy to help :thumb:
i tried to phone angel for slot kept getting ans. m/c. gonna try again today. hopefully 2 or 3 more and we will reach our goal come on those of you who have been sitting on the fence.
regards
boxer

i tried to phone angel for slot kept getting ans. m/c. gonna try again today. hopefully 2 or 3 more and we will reach our goal come on those of you who have been sitting on the fence.
regards
boxer

I'm in...:thumb:

I too got the answer phone when I called and left a message for them to call me back. 2hrs later I get a call and booked in for around 1pm, apparently the Passat is a bit more expensive to tune so looks like I'm paying £195 :(

looking forward to the day.:)

M

I too got the answer phone when I called and left a message for them to call me back. 2hrs later I get a call and booked in for around 1pm, apparently the Passat is a bit more expensive to tune so looks like I'm paying £195 :(

M

shame about the price mate but im sure it will be worth it :thumb:

M
hi matty paid my deposit today and expect to be done around noon, how many are coming have you any idea. those who have not booked time is running out so hurry !
regards
boxer

hi matty paid my deposit today and expect to be done around noon, how many are coming have you any idea. those who have not booked time is running out so hurry !
regards
boxer

well done mate im sure you will see some good gains in your car .i will probley see you there as im likely to still be there around 12ish.

by my calculations 8 people should have paid now so we are only a couple short of the £150 price , i will find out from nigel over the weeked how much we have got to pay .

anyone stills wants to come you are more than welcome and if you want itg performance filters fitted at a dicount price then you need to let angle know by friday aswell. im geting some, £60 for the pair is a bargain :thumb:

I'm sorry to have to drop out.The contract i'm on in the west country has been extended to the end of April so will not be able to make the 2nd:dk:

One week and counting :bannana:- looking forward to meeting a few of you on the day - quite like a chat with the CL500 owner as that might be next
cheers
steve
PS : I'm on at 10:00am

For the benefit of the forum can I please ask those going to this remap day to take part in my experiment.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/gene...se-post-your-2nd-gear-2000-6000rpm-times.html

I maybe didn't introduce the idea as best as I could. So please ignore my MX5 details and just focus on your own car. Choose a lower and upper rev range.
Then drive at the constant lower rpm, floor the accelerator and start the stop watch/mobile phone at the same time, when you reach the upper rpm stop the timer. Measure this several times to take an average, repeat before and after the remap :)

I'm sure the turbo cars will be pleasantly pleased by the results.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
guys bad news :crazy:
i have the dreaded chicken pox and wont be able to attend on saturday , i have spoken to nigel and he is still going to do all the guys who have paid their deposits at the £175 price and that includes vat :bannana:

its a real shame as i was looking forward to meeting some of you up there and having a chat :(

im still going to be getting my car done at a latter date :D

i hope all of you are pleased with the results on the day .

i would like to say a big thank you to nigel for being a true gent and puting up with all my emails asking questions. also thanks to all you guys who are goin saturday for making the day happen .

it would be nice if we could get some feed back from some of you on how the day went.

hope you all have a great day guys :thumb:

guys bad news :crazy:
i have the dreaded chicken pox and wont be able to attend on saturday , i have spoken to nigel and he is still going to do all the guys who have paid their deposits at the £175 price and that includes vat :bannana:

its a real shame as i was looking forward to meeting some of you up there and having a chat :(

im still going to be getting my car done at a latter date :D

i hope all of you are pleased with the results on the day .

i would like to say a big thank you to nigel for being a true gent and puting up with all my emails asking questions. also thanks to all you guys who are goin saturday for making the day happen .

it would be nice if we could get some feed back from some of you on how the day went.

hope you all have a great day guys :thumb:

Get well soon Matty, I'll certainly feedback on the experience there no problem.

I really appreciate the hard work (and frustration) that goes into organising group buys so well done from me. Saved a few quid which is always a bonus. :thumb:

Ooooh! sorry to hear that matty, hopefully you will get better soon.

All the best Mark.

bad news from me too
today my van start to play around.firstly didn't want to start charging battery so i've speeded up,than white smoke start coming out and the van start to shake like it didn't fire all the cylinders.just for couple of seconds.bottom line there's diesel dripping somewhere by the pump(?) going to have a look inside tomorrow morning.hopefully something came loose.worse case -high preassure pump.
...and I've got so excited about the trip to banbury...
either way I'll let You all know what's the status tomorrow.
wish me luck

Sorry to hear that Matty. Great shame after all your efforts. Will feedback on the day and good luck getting a Sessio srted in the future
Cheers
Steve

Hi guys.
Lucky for me the pump ended up ok.No leaks.Just in case I've changed the fuel pipes.Should be fine now.So I might see you tomorrow.I'm on 12am slot.
Drive safely :)

Just back from Angel, cars changed completely. Alot quicker from start off, more power low down and much smoother power delivery right through the rev range.

IMO its how the clk 320 cdi should have been from the factory. Thanks to Nigel, his helpers and to Matt for arranging it all.

hi just got back from banbury car feels more powerful on motorway had to ease off many times also more smoother through the gears dont know about the mpg seemed about the same but its early days yet. it was worth the effort by matty and co. also got to meet a couple of members who were very friendly. so its a big thumbs up to all inc angel tuning.
regards
boxer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom