group buy re map's

location in the north

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For the benefit of the forum can I please ask those going to this remap day to take part in my experiment.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/gene...se-post-your-2nd-gear-2000-6000rpm-times.html

I maybe didn't introduce the idea as best as I could. So please ignore my MX5 details and just focus on your own car. Choose a lower and upper rev range.
Then drive at the constant lower rpm, floor the accelerator and start the stop watch/mobile phone at the same time, when you reach the upper rpm stop the timer. Measure this several times to take an average, repeat before and after the remap :)

I'm sure the turbo cars will be pleasantly pleased by the results.

Many thanks.

Did anyone manage any timed runs?

I didn't do a timed run but as per what the Angel and Gama guys said it makes the N/A engines much more responsive. Certainly crisper throttle response but the telling difference on mine is in 5th gear. Give it some beans but don't kick down and the grunt is right there. I think it is actually quicker than kicking down and giving it full whack before the tune.

Nice to meet everyone today and thanks again to Matty for organising this.

Back from the Angel session. THanks to Nigel, and Greg at Gama. Car is now much more responsive and powerful through the rev range. Kickdown now seems to come in better and I'm very pleased with the results. Not seeing any difference in fuel mpg but wasn't really expecting any.
Good to meet a couple of the guys - (moonloops and tinker ?) CLK500 and CLK320CDI
Thanks once again to Matty for the effort in organising - get well soon
Cheers

thanks for the feedback guys :rock:

im really pleased that everyone is happy with the results and had a good day . gutted i could'nt make it myself , would have been nice to have met some of you .

looks like its a big :thumb: for angel tuning , cant wait to get my car done now .

thanks again guys

Went to Banbury yesterday and still very surprised about the performance :bannana: specially on the motorway.
No point to even mention about economy.Floored it all the way home :D
Really excited about my "new" van.
Big thanks to guys from Gama and Matty for setting all up.

Back from the Angel session. THanks to Nigel, and Greg at Gama. Car is now much more responsive and powerful through the rev range. Kickdown now seems to come in better and I'm very pleased with the results. Not seeing any difference in fuel mpg but wasn't really expecting any.
Good to meet a couple of the guys - (moonloops and tinker ?) CLK500 and CLK320CDI
Thanks once again to Matty for the effort in organising - get well soon
Cheers

Nice to meet you to and yes it was tinker with the 320cdi.

Quite a fun day out and many thanks to Nigel, Greg and the guys at Gama for hosting the day with a nice coffee to boot. :thumb:

Met up with I'm sure it was boxer who was like me driving around the industrial estate looking for the venue and with t567 thoroughly nice guys and made the day more interesting. That is one well used Vito there my friend....:)

Very happy with my tune up and as the others have said the car just seems to be much more lively with most noticeable power mid range where the torque is the big winner.

I have yet to see if the mpg improves and will update after a few tankfuls.

Cheers to matty once more for the opportunity to get a good price on the tune up, hope your feeling better.

Cheers
Mark.

Damn, missed out on this.

Did anyone have a C220CDI W204 Sport done ? What was the power increase ?

I spoke to Viezu, who said the W204 has a non-tuning ECU.

Damn, missed out on this.

Did anyone have a C220CDI W204 Sport done ? What was the power increase ?

I spoke to Viezu, who said the W204 has a non-tuning ECU.

if viezu cant do it , then i very much doubt angel can do it , and it wouldnt have been able to be done as part of the group buy due to the ecu in your car , its alot of work i believe to remap that type of ecu

Angle cant map the delphi ecu on the w204 models , callahan i belive this affects you . As the ecu requires 4-5 hour dedicated work and you will have to pay £400 to have this done.

As mentioned before in the thread.

Yes im trying to sort one out for locations a bit further north than banbury.

The Scottish division of angel tuning is run by one guy (Paul). Ive already spoken to him to try and arrange something and he has agreed the £150 price for 10+ cars and he has said it can be whatever location we prefer as he works from a van so can drive anywhere. He has also said he can do 2 locations on the same day still for £150. This means we could have 5 cars at each place and allows a better coverage of area for people wanting to go. There is a thread already setup http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/105490-group-remap-scotland-borders.html for people wanting to lodge post their interest so we can bump up the numbers. Once i get enough people interested i will get the dates and locations sorted out and contact Paul to make it official.

NPUK,

My W204 Sport is a 2008 C220 CDI, not the Blue Efficiency which uses Delphi ECU's. Although I haven't yet checked what ECU I actually have.

Only Angel can tell you if they can do it or not, contact them, phone numbers in the first post or send them an email, they usually reply promptly.

I was hoping if theres one in the future down south.
Scotland and North is too far from Oxfordshire.

i belive you can get 2 cars done for £400 = £200 each . give angel a call if you can find somone else . angel can come to you :thumb:

Gama Motorsport (in Banbury, Oxford) where the group re-map sessions are held are an Angel Tuning outlet and can also do it for you. Check their site for remap offers.

http://www.gamamotorsport.com/offers/

Last edited:
Interested

I'm intertested, Gama say thay can do my 2008 W204 C220 CDI Sport 170bhp for £260 + vat, which is more than I want to spend at the moment, so i'll need to keep looking for an offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom