Group remap in Scotland/borders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cplnoonoo

Car
Merc C180K Sportcoupe SE
As some of you may be aware there is a group remap being scheduled for 2 April down in Banbury by Matty.13 but is quite a distance for some of us that are based further North and in Scotland.

From what I can see from that thread there is a few people interested in a remap session based further up North and Im hoping I can get something arranged to accommodate these people and myself.

I have emailed Nigel at Angel Tuning to see what locations he has got available around Scotland and the borders and also to query whether the same offer will apply if we can get 10+ cars signed up. As far as I know from the other thread the offer stands as being £150 per car with the initial £50 deposit being paid over the phone and in return you get an allocated time slot for getting your car remapped. The remaining £100 balance is to be paid on the day to the technician from Angel Tuning.

The session is obviously open to anybody (and non-forum friends) that wants to go and will definitely be based up North somewhere, with Newcastle being the most Southern location that may be selected. Nigel will hopefully provide me with a list of other locations that can be used quite soon and I will stick them up on a poll to see what are the most popular.

To check if your car is able to be remapped check on the website http://www.angeltuning.co.uk/engine-remap/car-tuning.aspx or contact Nigel at Angel Tuning. Also check out the other thread on the current meet to see if your model has been discussed with regards to it being mappable or not http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/103523-group-buy-re-maps.html

Hopefully this remap session will cater for anybody that couldnt go to the Banbury meet due to conflicting dates or the distance being too far.

Any questions drop me a pm or post on here and ill forward any queries onto Nigel if i can't answer them myself.

Last edited:
Got mine done in Hamilton last week, I'd recommend Angel Tuning, happy with the service provided.
Colin.

I'm up for this as stated in the other thread, pick up my car tomorrow and it would be the same price as a tuning box!

1. Charlie - W211 E270 CDI

So iv heard back from Angel Tuning today. The guy that runs Angel Tuning in Scotland is Phil and i had a fone call from him today to discuss locations and other details.

He is very flexible in that he doesnt have a permanent location. He just drives to wherever we want him. He has agreed to do 2 separate locations in one day if we would prefer that and there would be no additional cost for this.

If we can guarantee 5 cars at each location then we will get each one for £150.

He has said that all BlueEffiency mercedes models cannot be mapped as most if not all are still under warranty and their ecu's are protected with anti-tune software. This can be bypassed but requires removing the ecu etc which he doesnt want to be doing so unfortunately no BlueEfficiency models at this time.

I was thinking of having the location somewhere in Edinburgh as this is kind of central for most of Scotland whilst being not too far from the borders.

If we would prefer 2 locations then i think maybe Dundee and Carlisle or something.

Anybody else have any preferences to locations?

If anyone is interested start posting up names on the thread so we can see how many people are up for getting it done.

If you would like to speak to Paul from Angel Tuning to discuss any issues you may have he is contactable at his email address: [email protected]

I'm interested but will depend entirely on the day and location for me. I have to travel up to Edinburgh, Dunfermline and Aberdeen regularly so I could work it around this. I expect most would prefer a Saturday but this would probably count me out unfortunately.

Well Paul has said he would prefer a Saturday ideally. Edinburgh would suit me aswell as Im Dundee based so not too far to travel for me. I havent decided on any dates yet so if you can come up with a date within the next few months that would make a saturday good for you then by all mean suggest it and we'll try and sort something out.

I'm easy too.

I'm sure Paul is based in Lanarkshire, heard good things from VAG guys.

Fingers crossed this happens!

Yes he said he was based only a few minutes from Glasgow and does over a 1000miles each week driving to different locations so wherever we want it wont be a problem.

Do we have anymore interest in a remap session around scotland/borders?

Thread was dropping down the list a bit so giving it a bit of a bump.

Come on guys, release the extra power and economy!

I have possibly one more interest in a remap for a guy based in newcastle but works week on and week off with his work so hopefully can sort something to help suit him aswell.

I am going to give Paul a fone and see what options we have for less than 10 cars as the response hasnt exactly been promising as with the banbury meet so we may need to comprimise with regards to price etc if we cant stir up interest.

Anybody signed up on other car forums that could maybe stick up a thread mentioning our plan and direct them in this direction? This might bump up the numbers a bit.

Id be interested in this too. Have had some of my VW's/Audis remapped by them and have been good. Now have a W211 E320.

Doesnt look like were going to get the numbers required however?

Andy

I'd be interested if it was carlisle, or somewhere about as south of scotland as you can get. unless theres another event further south, as I'm in S Yorkshire.... But if it's one more you need for a good deal, I'd be willing to drive... After all, what would be better than a 200 mile, standard trip to the tuner, followed by a 200mile, improved test run back home after the black magic has been worked??

Well if the people that have noted on this thread so far are still interested, that would make 5 of us so we would still get a discount to some degree. If we made it to 10 then we can get 2 locations for 2 groups of 5 cars and have one in sort of Tayside/Fife and then one down the borders way.

People that ive got down from the thread (still interested or not im not sure) are:

Me
Charlie
tagnut
Andyg0141
englishdas

Im not sure how soon. Im hoping if we can get a few more names we can do a couple of locations on the same day, for a cheaper price aswell so that it suits as many people as i can. If you have any friends or forums that any of you could see if they are interested that may help build up the numbers.

I would be interested as well, E320 CDi based in the central region so Glasgow or Edinburgh would be fine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom