Growing Older

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Certainly when I was younger I stereotyped a lot of seniors, but now that I am a senior I want to clarify some things for younger generations:

– Occasionally I get up in the morning and look at myself in the mirror and think, “That can’t be accurate.”

– My mind sometimes is like an Internet browser. There are 10 tabs open, three of which are frozen, and I have no idea where the music is coming from.

– Age is just a number – just like jail is just a room.

– I miss the 80s when bread was still good for you, and no one knew what kale was.

– I asked my wife if I was the only one she had been with. She said, “Yes, all the others had been nines and tens.”

– Most people don’t think I’m as old as I am until they hear me trying to stand up.

– As I watch this generation try to rewrite history, one thing I’m sure of is it will be misspelled and have no punctuation.

– Getting older is just one body part after another saying, “Ha ha, you think that’s bad, just watch this.”

– I really don’t mind getting older, but my body is taking it badly.

– Now that I’m older, I don’t always go the extra mile, but when I do, it’s because I missed my exit.

Some wisdom from celebrities:

Phyllis Diller:

– “Whatever you may look like, marry a man your own age – as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.”

– “I’m at an age when my back goes out more than I do!”

George Burns:

– “At my age, flowers scare me.”

– “Old age is when you resent the swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated because there are fewer articles to read.”

– “He’s so old that when he orders a three-minute egg, they ask for the money up front.”

– “An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested he is in her.” – Agatha Christie

“When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of algebra.” – Will Rogers

“I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.” – Woody Allen

“I’ve learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.” – Andy Rooney

“There is only one cure for grey hair. A Frenchman invented it. It is called the guillotine.” – P.G. Wodehouse

“My grandmother was a very tough woman. She buried three husbands and two of them were just napping.” – Rita Rudner

“I’m at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I’ve just had a mirror put over my kitchen table.” – Rodney Dangerfield

“A stockbroker urged me to buy a stock that would triple its value every year. I told him, ‘At my age, I don’t even buy green bananas’.” – Claude Pepper

“You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” – Bob Hope

“So far, this is the oldest I’ve been.” – George Carlin

I’m so old that:

-I have dialed a rotary phone that didn’t have an answering machine.

-I have recorded a song I loved off a transistor radio onto a tape recorder.

-I watched black and white TV with less than 10 channels, and the TV had aluminum foil on the tips of the rabbit ear antenna.

-I have taken a long walk without counting the steps.

-I have eaten food that I never took pictures of.

Never mind going upstairs and forgetting what you went for. I get out of my chair and don't even make the stairs!

Keep forgetting things, so bought some memory insoles, don't seem to be working though

Is this not in the new jokes thread because it isn't new or is there some other reason for starting another new 'joke' thread almost daily?

Closing, can you please keep the old man rants/jokes to one thread rather than creating a new one daily.

Its worse than when your Grandparents first discover Facebook :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom