Grrr - Damn Kids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robbo

Car
C320 (W203) & A170 (W169)
I was looking over the car yesterday and found a dirty great set of scratches in a circular shape on the rear wing of the car. You guessed it, it has been hit by a football by some of the kids in the street.

It is really noticeable and some of them are quite deep. I am really angry abouth this as up until now, the car was pristine. Why cant they play in the park which is literally 30 yards away?

Does anyone have any suggestions about the best way to minimise the appearance/polish out scratches? What are the best products to use?

Cheers, Robbo

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch ! Depending on how deep the scratches are, you might be able to polish the worst of them out using T-Cut, and then applying some wax & buffing again. One of those little electric rotary buffers might make the polishing process a bit less strenuous !

Otherwise, Chipsaway or similar might be able to perform a good repair and remove all traces.

What colour is the car ?

S.

Robbo said:
I was looking over the car yesterday and found a dirty great set of scratches in a circular shape on the rear wing of the car. You guessed it, it has been hit by a football by some of the kids in the street.

Cheers, Robbo

Grit encrusted street footballs booted by careless yoof should be classed as weapons of mass destruction.

Parked up outside a friends house two years back for a BBQ. Returned to car to discover that his idiot child & friends had been using the gap between my car and his as the goal. Fortunately only my scabby Vectra Estate (aka mobile dog kennel) but even so parted with £200 to have NS rear panel sorted as no amount of waxing & polishing would take that mess out. Still have to live with the scratches on the glass :mad:

Satch said:
Grit encrusted street footballs booted by careless yoof should be classed as weapons of mass destruction.

Parked up outside a friends house two years back for a BBQ. Returned to car to discover that his idiot child & friends had been using the gap between my car and his as the goal. Fortunately only my scabby Vectra Estate (aka mobile dog kennel) but even so parted with £200 to have NS rear panel sorted as no amount of waxing & polishing would take that mess out. Still have to live with the scratches on the glass :mad:

Why not just get the glass changed with your insurance?

fuzzer said:
Why not just get the glass changed with your insurance?

Suppose because most of the time inside of the windows are covered with dog nose prints so I do not notice. Just bugs me when I clean it!

sym said:
Ouch ! Depending on how deep the scratches are, you might be able to polish the worst of them out using T-Cut, and then applying some wax & buffing again. One of those little electric rotary buffers might make the polishing process a bit less strenuous !

Otherwise, Chipsaway or similar might be able to perform a good repair and remove all traces.

What colour is the car ?

S.

Its Tansanite blue so every little blemish shows up! I got some T-cut this afternoon and after cleaning the car, carefully had a go. After plenty of elbow grease most of the lighter scratches have now gone, bit there are about 5 or 6 deeper ones which are still there, but are much less visible. I didnt want to go over the top and take too much paint off. After polishing the affected area, you only really notice if you know they are there.

Thanks for the advice, and hopefully thats the last time i'll have to tidy up football marks!

Robbo

Try and locate a local auto sales shop that specializes in high-end lease resales. I went to our local reseller in the US and asked who they use for paint repair. I found the guy and for 125.00 US he repainted the corner of my front bumper and the center section of my rear bumper and also repaired a chip in the drivers side door.

If you take it to a shop they will try and hit you for an easy 500 US.

Hope this helps
RK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom