Grrrr....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timskemp

MB Enthusiast
Car
W213 E220d
Car all nice and clean and shiny, and now with a big dent in the boot from a 4x4 reversing into it in Tesco car park at lunchtime...

Does it ever end?? And what is the point of "Spare wheel covers" - there would have been no damage to either car if it had not been for that.

ah sorry to hear that

and pictures of the damage

how bad

Bootlid and rear bumper are damaged, bumper is creased so I reckon will need replacement, and same for the bootlid.

Sorry to hear this...

Have you contacted Tesco? They might have footage of who done it. Will be an insurance job by the sounds of things.

If its any consolation, I know what its like having a twit dunt my car....

"there would have been no damage to either car"
I'm guessing the person was honest enough to confront you on the matter for the first time in supermarket-car-assault history?

Having been on the receiving end of a similar incident recently, I can fully sympathise. It makes me so vexed that people can be so disrespectful towards other people's property, esp when it comes to cars and parking.

MarkP

I'll comment more when the insurance is settled but the good thing is I have witnesses and the other driver was reasonable.

Some drivers are so incompetent , they don't even realise when they have hit someone's car .

A lot of drivers of these ugly monstrosities are so disinterested in cars and driving they furthermore don't care either about their own vehicles or anyone else's .

Having been on the receiving end of a similar incident recently, I can fully sympathise. It makes me so vexed that people can be so disrespectful towards other people's property, esp when it comes to cars and parking.

MarkP

Exactly... In the other thread, I said I would body slam someone on their own bonnet.... This time i'm going to have to pile drive them instead.... :wallbash:

And what is the point of "Spare wheel covers" - there would have been no damage to either car if it had not been for that.

Original function was no more than to protect spare tyre, mainly from UV degradation, so they were not much more than a fabric cover.

Nowdays increasingly a styling feature. Some are hopelessly complex and the ones that still manage to leave the top of the tyre exposed are near useless.

Time for Mercedes to assist in this situation by producing RHD versions of their 4matic saloons and estates. That way future Mercedes owners wishing to buy a 4 wheel drive vehicle are not forced into a large cumbersome fuel hungry offroad type 4X4 vehicle with poor rear visibility if they want to purchase a Mercedes vehicle with 4WD. Now where have I heard that before?;)-- Oh I know----http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/21885-4matic-models-uk-poll.html

Last edited:
Well it's all quickly sorted out my car getting swapped for rental tomorrow shouldn't be a long job

And the rental? C350CDi, 60 plate pre-facelift sport, in ubiquitite...

Surprising how the 350 is actually quite a bit quicker than the 320, but only at speeds available on autobahns and private test tracks :)

P1040275.jpg

The 350cdi is apparently only 10hp up on the 320cdi although MB were rather conservative with their estimates for the 350cdi. I had a loaner 350cdi CLS and it definately had significant legs on my E320cdi. Acceleration was stronger and top end, never got to explore that sadly.....

Makes sense as the 250 is close to the 320. Need to gain bigger differential.

Same happened to my wifes audi. Silly cow in a Suziki Chavtara with a wheel on tailgate backed into her . Hence had the mini S Class c220cdi sport on loan for 2 weeks. Nice car was sorry to see it go back. Even she said it was nice and she loves her audi.. Could be her next car if I have my way.

srry to hear this-unfortunately too common in car parks now-even the one at work-saw some muppet reverse into another car look around then leave without leaving a note -any way i left all the details with the victim -nice thank you card later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom