gsf sending out cheaper parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zaen1

Car
c200 sport/c43 amg
Hi,has anyone else had problems ordering from gsf on here, over the weekend i ordered Brembo rear brake discs for c43 amg,today i received Ate, doubled checked on their website and they dont even sell Ate rear discs for a c43 only Brembo but their part number for the Brembo,s is the same as the sticker on the box for Ate discs, before this i had ordered ball joints premium brand as listed on their website and got vetech crap that were half the price what i paid. So was thinking if i had left my car in a garage who ordered parts from gsf then i would possibly have cheap parts on my car without me knowing and thinking i have premium parts. What are gsf playing at.

Ate is actually good stuff, but I agree that you should get what you ordered or they should collect the parts for full refund.

I ordered a VW indicator stalk yonks ago from then, it never said genuine OEM but everything made you think it was kosher. Part was aftermarket and annoyed me as it was somewhere you touch frequently and was poor quality plastic.

They have to supply the brand they said they would.

However, sometimes the brand is not actually stated, instead there's a photo showing the branded part and the fine print says 'image for illustration purpose only' or words to that effect.

I think gsf have just been bought out by a big buying group. This usually has a knock on effect on the brands being stocked in my experience.

I though GSF only did "off brands" e.g. lower tier makers. Still, items should be as described - otherwise just send them back under sales of goods act.

Eurocraparts have a disclaimer on pretty much every single page for example...
ecp.JPG
I'd expect GSF to have something similar in their terms and conditions
If you mail ordered them distance selling regs let you change your mind anyway even if you received exactly what you paid for. If they want to send a different brand the regs state they're supposed to inform you beforehand and the cost of returning substitutes should always be at the sellers expense

Personally i've not bought anything from either of them for ages... poor choice of brands a lot of the time, they use their own part # rather than manufacturers which is a ball ache compared to companies that let you search by MB and/or brand part numbers, makes it harder to work out exactly what you're paying for and neither of them are especially competitive either, they just pretend to be with constant promotions marketing games

Odd... it says 'Quality: Brembo'.

'Quality', not 'manufacturer'....

Generally with the big parts retailers OE Quality = Chinese one.

Meaning that you may as well buy the cheapest one off ebay because thats what you are going to end up with.

Odd... it says 'Quality: Brembo'.

'Quality', not 'manufacturer'....

First thing that I noted. It does tend to imply supplied items would be Brembo, but it doesn't actually say that. There could be an argument that they supply a part of equivalent quality to Brembo. How to prove/disprove that is another issue.

I've been buying more bits from the main dealer in recent years for various reasons, but quality and fit are the main ones. My difficulty is knowing who actually manufactures the aftermarket parts, as so many 'brands' are simply that, just a name now and not the original company.

That isn't to say there aren't good aftermarket parts, because there are. Having said that, I've always been happy with the known-brand products from GSF, good quality at competitive prices, but wasn't aware that they'd been bought-out.

Just an update

I went to my local gsf with the ate discs and explained i ordered brembo and got ate, asked for a refund and i was offered the Brembo,s if i wanted to exchange so i did. Both boxes have the same part numbers which i think is strange or they were just trying to shift old stock of ate they had.

Ordered some drop links 2 days ago then saw this thread heart failure, but the correct parts arrived today thank god!

Just an update

I went to my local gsf with the ate discs and explained i ordered brembo and got ate, asked for a refund and i was offered the Brembo,s if i wanted to exchange so i did. Both boxes have the same part numbers which i think is strange or they were just trying to shift old stock of ate they had.

All's well that end well... but for an unnecessary journey to the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom