Gt grille fitted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
Fitted the Gt grille today, looks so much better and turns more heads :p

Had to remove bumper to fit there is no way I could have released all the clips with bumper in place even though there is a you tube video showing it being done. All in all took about 2 hours I did not rush, existing badge fitted into new grille,

It as been recommended to fit a black mesh grille behind this to protect the rad and hide the big gap, going to order this off ebay and slide it in, will not need to remove the bumper to do this.

I used an ebay seller bespoke parts, really good service and quality arrived in 2 days. Prev used V6 auto parts quality was poor and had camera hole when listing showed no camera.

Attachments

• old grille.jpg
    old grille.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • new grille.jpg
    new grille.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
Looks great
. Saw a 2015 CLS Estate in black with that grille and it looked stunning.

The mesh behind the grille is a must in my opinion, it will hide all that ugly stuff (rads,brackets, plastic bit's etc) that was hidden by the original grille but now in full view for all to see.

Not a good look.

Like that! fitted one to my C207 this week. :) :cool:👍

It’s a no from me 👎. As Petrol Pete says you can see right through it.

All that matters is that you like it but the mesh should be fitted for estetic and safety reasons.That grille has quite a bit of a gap and any flying object can cause a lot of damage to the rads behind it.

It looks better than the diamond grille with the single bar, but those never look good anyway. I've no idea what Mercedes were thinking when they introduced them across the range; maybe their main market these days - China - thinks they look good.

Hi,
I bought the Panamericana grill (same as the OP's), and fitted it to my 65 plate 207 cabriolet, liked it at first, but have gone off of it, and as my car is going to MB Salisbury next week for a service I thought I would put it back to standard.
I have now started to prefer the standard grill now, so a nearly new Panamericana grill might be for sale soon if I don't change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom