GT4 and Nurburgring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

Hi,

I have recently got Gran Turismo 4 for the Playstation. As I am sure most folk on this board know it has the Nring as one of the tracks. I am trying to learn the track ahead of a possible visit next year and was wondering how accurate the cars are in their handling and overall performance.

I have tried the E55 AMG and am slowly improving lap times without flying off the track! Has anyone tried one an E55 and also tried the Playstation version? Any comments, recommendations?

I would be very interested in any feedback for those who have tried...

Thanks

DB1

Hmm Imwonder how the E55 fairs compared to the 1s on Merc World Racing... (W210 + 211 available)

Glad to see you are getting some practice in!

Rule #1 - If you know the track well in a game, you do not know the track well in real life.
Rule #2 - See above.

Bu on a lighter note, you'll really only get the lay of the land from any of the games. Good advance knowledge of left and right is very useful. Bumps and steepness of inclines and declines are difficuly to represent accurately in any of the games, and it shows when you compare them.

One of the car magazine (Evo or Car) recently sent a GT4 fan to the ring in a Nissan 350Z to see how his real driving stacked up against his game driving. Quite a lot of difference - about 1 or 2 minutes if I remember correctly.

What you are doing is great, but take it easy when you get there.

Example: That bump at QH in the game lifts the back of the car off the ground - doesn't really happen in real life unless you have about 500+ hp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom