Gt4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smartbrabus

Car
Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)
After several years of patiently waiting, the official UK release date, March 9th, is nigh.

Here's a narna for Polyphony Digital/Sony for finally getting their act together...

:bannana:

I'll be savaging anyone who gets in my way tomorrow at ASDA's :p :devil: Yep deffo an early lunch tomorrow.

*EDIT* I wonder if the following will ever see the light of day in the UK??

psp28_925.jpg

S.

Last edited:
Pre-ordered mine from GAME a few weeks ago when the official data was announced, so they better not sell my copy to anyone else!

The white PSP looks good Steve, is that a special edition?

smartbrabus said:
...The white PSP looks good Steve, is that a special edition?
Yep a GT special edition, in fact I think it's not even generally available in Japan yet. I think I prefer the original black PSP's. Great for pose value though.

S.

Steve,

With the Asdas going 24 hours, whats the chance you could pick one up early morning? rather than risk the lunch rush / lack of gt4?

Good luck getting one.

sparky

Got my copy on the way into work this morning, almost went home again so I could play it all day instead of working. Counting down the minutes until 5 o'clock now!

Game in Beckton opens at 10am today. I'll be there. Sick to death of translating the Japanese version.

PSP is cool, although I have held back on ordering one until GT4 is released for it. The other games don't interest me at all.

scotth_uk said:
...PSP is cool, although I have held back on ordering one until GT4 is released for it. The other games don't interest me at all.
I could just picture you driving round the 'Ring and getting Ben in the passenger seat to play the same track on a PSP with a Crossfire for a scientific comparison :devil:

:p

S.

OK... Have collected a few copies of GT4 this morning.... £30 a pop.

First thing - packaging is different from the Jap release. UK release is a standard sized PS2 sleeve - Jap version was double sized library case with an extra book of tracks and cars.

Support English, French, Dutch, Spanish and Italian.

Opening title is the same, EXCEPT they have replaced the decent music with something awful.

There was some mention of improving the GT home screen. Looks almost identical to me.

Time to play!

Car layout has changed when selecting a manufacturer in arcade mode. Screen shudder has been minimised.

To play the ring, just select arcade mode then first track category. It's the first available track.

Last edited:
scotth_uk said:
...To play the ring, just select arcade mode then first track category. It's the first available track.
I can't stand the wait!!! :crazy: :crazy: Time for an early lunch and to hit Asdarinos. :devil:

S.

Yay!!! Grabbed the last visible copy off the shelf
xyxthumbs.gif
:devil: £29.83. I reckon it must have been your luck that got me through sparkyspost, cheers mate :rock: :D

Arrgh now the wait to 5pm :rolleyes: Hehe anyone know of a good PS2 emulator that will run under XP SP2?? :devil: j/k :)

S.

Mine was delivered this morning ... whilst I was out at a client's :rolleyes:

Just picked it up from the PO ...

I have a stack of work to do, so I really should put it away until later ...

<devil on left shoulder>Do it! Play! :devil:

<angel on right shoulder>You have work to do. Get busy! :rock:

Think the devil's winning ... :cool:

Play The Damn Thing!

Flyer said:
...I have a stack of work to do, so I really should put it away until later ...
scotth_uk said:
Play The Damn Thing!
Heh or Scott will come round your house and have a few firm words :p He knows where you live too! :D

S.

Steve_Perry said:
Heh or Scott will come round your house and have a few firm words :p He knows where you live too! :D

No need! I sneaked off for an hour ... and OMG, I've forgotten how to drive! Took a TVR Tuscan around the Nurburgring and I think I hit every single barrier :D . Took a CLK55AMG around Fuji, but that was ... pretty boring actually.

But the Lotus Elise 111R? How sweet is that car to drive? Turn off all the driving aids and you can get it oversteering and four-wheel sliding brilliantly. Want one! :D

The Driving Force Pro wheel is brilliant, although I was using it balanced on my knee, which isn't so good when you suddenly need full-opposite lock ;) . Think a race seat is needed ...

I'd completed the driving tests in Prologue, but think I'm going to do them all again :D

If you have prologue english, you can import some aspects of the licenses.

Scott, would you be able to tell if 1080i output has been included in the PAL version or have those
censored.gif
s at Sony removed this option? I'm currently having a play around and can't find the option... I was looking forward to quality video gaming :confused:

S.

Hi Steve,

I seem to remember from the posts over at GTPlanet.net that it has been removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom