GT5 on PS3.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
I bought this not long after it came out but haven't played it a lot. Probably getting old.

Anyway, I learnt last night, after checking out a hunch, that GT5 has a 2002 E55K AMG - so that has somewhat enthused me to get into it again.

Anyone else into GT5?

Yes I play it from time to time.

Keep your eyes open for a 190 Evo II in the second-hand cars section. A very fast a nice handling car.

I also had it for a while without playing much, then got into it again. I must dust it off and have a go at the events I've got left!

Unlike shooters it's a game I can play with the kids around, which is a plus!

Believe there's an 'upgrade' due soon which includes full vehicle damage.

Hi

Myself and my son just got back into playing it the other day.

We are currently messing around in a 778bhp R230 SL55AMG:D:D

Hi

Myself and my son just got back into playing it the other day.

We are currently messing around in a 778bhp R230 SL55AMG:D:D

I can see a base one of these for sale at the Mercedes dealership.

I've not seen an W211 E55 yet there or second hand but I am frantically saving credit.

I've got a case of GT5-thumb now though.

You DEFINITELY want to go into GT5 today ;)

Because Vettel won the F1 championship today, Sony have given the "Red Bull X2010" racing car to all GT5 owners. It's available as a free download for a limited period. This beast does 300 mph and corners like nothing on earth ... so it's a rather handy thing to have in your garage :D

Notice of the Sebastian Vettel World Champion Celebration Event and Giveaway - News - gran-turismo.com

You can also use it in a dedicated special event ... prize for getting gold is 5 million credits :bannana:

I am desperate to get back into GT5, but the G27 is in bits after I managed to pick up a Multifunction W210 wheel (in a sorry state, but at free it was the right price!) which I am sprucing up and have connected the buttons up to to the wheel.

Just need to mount the paddle shift (any one know if there was an OEM retrofit kit?) and re-cover it but then I am driving in style!

You DEFINITELY want to go into GT5 today ;)

Because Vettel won the F1 championship today, Sony have given the "Red Bull X2010" racing car to all GT5 owners. It's available as a free download for a limited period. This beast does 300 mph and corners like nothing on earth ... so it's a rather handy thing to have in your garage :D

Notice of the Sebastian Vettel World Champion Celebration Event and Giveaway - News - gran-turismo.com

You can also use it in a dedicated special event ... prize for getting gold is 5 million credits :bannana:

Cheers for the news! Luckily, I spotted that all over certain screens - however, I don't think he had won when I was playing it so I will get on and take delivery of that! The fact I am struggling to control a Lotus Elise with my controller means I think I need a wheel.

:bannana:

I am desperate to get back into GT5, but the G27 is in bits after I managed to pick up a Multifunction W210 wheel (in a sorry state, but at free it was the right price!) which I am sprucing up and have connected the buttons up to to the wheel.

Just need to mount the paddle shift (any one know if there was an OEM retrofit kit?) and re-cover it but then I am driving in style!

Is the MF W210 superior then?

What setup do you have?

I am investigating options as my driving is hopeless without a steering wheel in something as precision as this...

EDIT: Are you talking real W210 Merc wheels, not gaming wheels? I know the G27 is a Logitech one but a bit confused...

Last edited:
I just use the normal PS3 controller, on level 23 in A spec (level 30 in B spec). The Elise is bl**dy tricky!

I tried the Red Bull car out on one of the B spec endurance races and it won by 36 laps :D

Oh and I got my 5 million credits in the special event, it's not too bad once you realise how fast this thing goes round corners! You get a trophy for going over 400 kph (248 mph) too :bannana:

Think I'll have to dust my copy off and see if that Red Bull car is still available :cool:

Forgotten what's in my collection, but I know I've got at least two 190E 2.5-16 Evo-IIs (one standard, one tuned, both in 199 blue-black ;)), a 208 CLK55 AMG (in 744 silver, of course :)) SL55, SL65 (circa 1000bhp :D), a Pagani Zonda + a few others.

Nice game, but I got a bit tired of it once the standard road cars became un-competitive. The out and out race cars cost so much to buy, that you need to put a lot of time into the game to progress much further. Some of those endurance races are silly - hours and hours of real-time play for one race :wallbash: :eek:

Enjoy the game, but don't have that much free time!

The endurance races in GT5 are in B Spec. - you can just leave them running once you've got your car / driver / pit strategy sorted! The last one I did (before the Red Bull car ;)) ran for 7 hours, overnight.

You can earn some decent cars via B Spec., saves buying them (yes race cars are very expensive that way). I've only actually bought a couple - a Sauber Mercedes (of course :)) and a Le Mans Bentley.

Whow, 0-200mph in 6 seconds the Red Bull car is proper fast:D:D

230K:D

Yup - and actually quite easy to control with the controller.

Goes round the Top Gear track fast...

:bannana:

230k,
Sorry to but in, u still selling the tuning boxs for the e300td?? i cant PM yet sorry
Could email me please [email protected]

Wow, that Red Bull car is quick!

Well worth logging on for - I think it said it was available 'til the 17th or 18th October?

EDIT: Are you talking real W210 Merc wheels, not gaming wheels? I know the G27 is a Logitech one but a bit confused...

I'm in the middle of converting my Logi G27 wheel to use a W210 MF (for the buttons) wheel from an actual factual road car. The tiny rim you get with the G27 is just uncomfortable to use after a day in the wagon :)

Currently its in bits due to the usual "starting a project then life getting in the way" lark.

If anyone was on it around the time the frankfurt motorshow was on the online dealership had all sorts of different MB's, I pretty much bought all of them at that point as I didn't think they would come around again at once, maybe it was part of the 125th anniversary too... don't know if they still have them on there as I've not been on for a bit but will be claiming that X1

Wow, that Red Bull car is quick!
Certainly is, previously you had to get to level 35 B Spec. or complete the 'Sebastian Vettel X Challenge' in A Spec.

There are actually 3 versions ... don't know what the differences are:

Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel (the gift one, also awarded for level 35 B Spec and bronze in the X Challenge)
Red Bull X2010 (silver in the X Challenge)
Red Bull X2010 Prototype (gold in the X Challenge)

Maybe the prototype one is faster :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom