Gtd,destroyer,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danielamg2017

Car
C180
Hey guys i have a w202 c180 sport (122bhp) which as far as i know is standard other than performance air filter and performance exhaust back box my friend has a golf gtd 2015 model (170bhp) and my mbc180 (benny) makes it look silly the golf can only ever pull 2 car lengths upto around 70mph then benny just comes into his own all the way off the clock that reads 140mph and eats it alive ive also had the same with 2 other golf gtd's how is this possible

Hehe well i thought it was just his driving but hes not a bad driver to be honest and its not the only 1 ive raced unless the car is remapped/chipped ?

Just sounds impossible, I know GTD will hold off a w211 280cdi (190hp).

Either something is wrong with the GTD or the c180 has had other bits done to the car!?

Hey guys i have a w202 c180 sport (122bhp) which as far as i know is standard other than performance air filter and performance exhaust back box my friend has a golf gtd 2015 model (170bhp) and my mbc180 (benny) makes it look silly the golf can only ever pull 2 car lengths upto around 70mph then benny just comes into his own all the way off the clock that reads 140mph and eats it alive ive also had the same with 2 other golf gtd's how is this possible

Maybe it's been mapped your have to double check but I'm sure there's a two stage map on them c180's I'm sure first is around 150hp and second is 180hp, bang it on a £50 power run find out.

Something not quite right/standard going on here imho.

140 mph with 122bhp? Hmm..

Based on a lot of test track and dyno testing experience, I think you need something like 170 bhp even for an indicated 140 mph, which is more likely to be a real 130. Another example; Top speed for our SLK200 (facelift R171 with 184 PS) was specified at 143 mph. We got up to an indicated 140 mph on the autobahn. Wasn't much left to give.

Wow thanks for replies guys As i say its not the only golf gtd ive raced 3 in total and the results have all been very similar and again my clocks stop at 140mph for all ino i could be doing 150+ which i very much doubt for a 1.8 nearly 2tonne car the logic of it all sounds rather impossible ino but the results keep coming back the same which in all fairness im not complaining i love the car and its my favourite shape merc just wondered if there was any insight as to why it was so nippy after 70mph even thought it may of had an engine transplant but after a bit of research it doesnt apear to have its baffled me

Have you measured the speed using a GPS device like a TomTom or similar?

Get a ODB to bluetooth adapter from ebay for about a fiver, Download the "Torque" App from the Store, then you're ready to get a reasionably accurate 0-60 time.

When you get a figure averaged from say 5 runs, report back with it and we'll have more to go on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom