Gtechniq work on the SL55....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RattlerRattler

Car
SL 55
After having some paintwork done a few weeks back, I've had some more Gtechniq protection applied by Ed at Devine Detail today - I'm very happy with the results and think she looks fantastic.

I've no connection directly with Ed beyong the work he's done on the SL, but would highly recommend his services to anyone. Good, old-fashioned, quality, customer services with superb attention to detail(ing ;) )

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 202
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Very nice!! He has quite a good 55 on the website gallery as we'll:)

lovely, I wonder if thats Lord Aleem's C63 he done?

Lovely - just careful washing required now :thumb:.

That's a pretty epic finish on that, must be well chuffed :)

The trouble is now I'm getting more and more picky and finding every little blemish. It's a slippery slope for sure. ;)

And I'm afraid of washing her, :eek: I'm now getting multiple blue monster and wooly mammoths microfibres to soak up the water without too much wiping, just so I don't scratch the paintwork.

The interior is very tidy too, but it's the door sills that are really bugging me, as they're plastic / chrome effect and obviously easily scratched, they let the whole car down. I'm thinking of either the illuminated sill plates, but they're pricey and I'm no real fan of lights here, but it would solve the problem perhaps.

Otherwise I might look at some kind of vinyl wrap if I can get that to work. Any ideas???

I use GWash, a lambswool mitt, a microfibre mitt (for the lowers) and will be investing in a DI vessel to avoid drying.

Definitely a slippery slope :cool:.

The trouble is now I'm getting more and more picky and finding every little blemish. It's a slippery slope for sure. ;)

And I'm afraid of washing her, :eek: I'm now getting multiple blue monster and wooly mammoths microfibres to soak up the water without too much wiping, just so I don't scratch the paintwork.

The interior is very tidy too, but it's the door sills that are really bugging me, as they're plastic / chrome effect and obviously easily scratched, they let the whole car down. I'm thinking of either the illuminated sill plates, but they're pricey and I'm no real fan of lights here, but it would solve the problem perhaps.

Otherwise I might look at some kind of vinyl wrap if I can get that to work. Any ideas???

New sills and ceramic coat them. Sorted!

Ceramic coating? Any details?

developer said:
I use GWash, a lambswool mitt, a microfibre mitt (for the lowers) and will be investing in a DI vessel to avoid drying. Definitely a slippery slope :cool:.

DI vessel? Need to know more. ;) especially if it makes drying easier. :)

The DI either purifys water entirely or used to polish water that is produced by Reverse Osmosis

where i work they use them where they clean the airport terminal windows and it does work with amazing results

JRH30 said:
Lovely looking Silver SL55 in the gallery as well!! :bannana:

Oh yes, he likes SLs ;)

What's next for yours?

The DI either purifys water entirely or used to polish water that is produced by Reverse Osmosis

where i work they use them where they clean the airport terminal windows and it does work with amazing results

I was advised (on here) to look at them. They get some very favourable reviews on Detailing World and I'm about to take the plunge.

Basically, they remove the contaminants in tap water down to zero ppm (parts per million), meaning you can rinse the car and leave it wet, where it will dry with no water marks or spots.

Hard to get your head around, but it appears to work.

This means that there's less towel contact with your newly coated car, hence less chance of swirls/scratches.

Around £100 for c12months use (final rinse only).

A brief thread here (if the link works) that will lead you onto other threads:
Raceglaze Filter - Detailing World

RattlerRattler said:

As per other post, removes impurities from the water so you don't actually need to dry the car, can just give final rinse with water and leave to dry naturally with no fear of water spots.

Developer your car rightly gets some decent treatment :)

Having spent out what I have to date on products I can't quite bring myself to get a DI Vessel, stupid on my part really as they do make a lot of sense.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom