GTG at PCS 16th of May 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Who won the cleanest car with the highest miliage award?

well i wasnt there but i'd put money on it not being *** :D

Up here forum members have stricter standards but no, there were some cleaner cars then mine. I arrive there and nowt is said. I arrive at stirling and its not "nice to see you steve" but Derek (druk) "I thought I told you to ***ing clean it"

Seriously, next year you should try and make it, brilliant day out :bannana:

DSC02249Large.jpg

No doubt dieselman would be able to shave a couple of hours off that lot :D

DSC02250Large.jpg

DSC02253Large.jpg

DSC02254Large.jpg

DSC02255Large.jpg

DSC02258Large.jpg

DSC02321Large-1.jpg

(total for the trip-not bad)

Think your car needs a dr ..all the warning lights are on...:D:D

Sorry to have missed this years GTG - but had a great time in SUNNY Tongue..:bannana::bannana:

No doubt dieselman would be able to shave a couple of hours off that lot :D

DSC02321Large-1.jpg

(total for the trip-not bad)

Good but not that good..

26082008-1.jpg

Must be mine is weighed down by all the dirty and the field inside it whereas yours is nice and frugal as its clean and cuts through the air better :(

Actually ***, your MPG really doesn't seem that good. Not only could I save some time, but some fuel as well, I reckon..

Is yours EU4 complient.?

Actually ***, your MPG really doesn't seem that good. Not only could I save some time, but some fuel as well, I reckon..

Is yours EU4 complient.?

I tried an impersonation of you on the M40 and M6 + m74 on the way up :D

Mine is a EU4 compliant car. However I do agree with you that I thought the car would be better on fuel, especially as its now well past 30k miles...

I am going to try some millers injector thingee as the car (when I drive like miss daisy most of the time) as it seems unable to beat its extra urban figure and you have to be so gentle with it to beat the combined run.

I've got the tyres over inflated too but I suspect with many of these things that my cars gearing is too short (70mph is over 2k rpm) and this is a cause for relatively poor consumption at higher speeds. There are times I wish I plumped for a 270cdi car.

I've got the tyres over inflated too but I suspect with many of these things that my cars gearing is too short (70mph is over 2k rpm) and this is a cause for relatively poor consumption at higher speeds. There are times I wish I plumped for a 270cdi car.

At 35mph/1000rpm the gearing isn't too short for a 220, mines only 30mph/1000...which definitely is...:(

If I'd known you were interested i could've put some in at Ollies...but try some Muller-juice..if only so you can take your earplugs out when driving... ;) :D

Be a bit more gentle on accelerating (just as I showed you..;)) and get the engine into the max torque band (2000rpm -500+1000) and leave it there, it should help with economy at no real detriment to performance.

Be a bit more gentle on accelerating (just as I showed you..;)) and get the engine into the max torque band (2000rpm -500+1000) and leave it there, it should help with economy at no real detriment to performance.

This is the bit thats bothersome is I usually do, I usually manually overide the gearbox to get it to change @ 1800rpm-2200rpm. I even try and avoid braking by slowing to go so that as much distance is travelled without the foot on the go pedal so I get free miles that the chancellor don't get.

I've had that car in the low 30's on a hard run and low 20's in town and once in the teens :(

Sadly there ain't nothing really wrong with the car, no injectors leaking fuel all over the place or MAF problems, etc but hopefully millers will help, and with the refinment too, but the stereo is real good on the 211s that it isn't too big a problem.

Biggest help to good mpg is how you drive in the first 15min. Once the engine is warmed up I find mpg recovers quickly from occasional bursts of 'enthusiasm'

Biggest help to good mpg is how you drive in the first 15min. Once the engine is warmed up I find mpg recovers quickly from occasional bursts of 'enthusiasm'

Aye, I noticed that one the way to work if I can get straight out the drive without having to "leap out" the mpg counter is always 1-2mpg higher by the time I get to the office 19 miles away.

Alas the 211 is a heavy old hector and mine will suffer from high engine loading due to this and adverse MPG. The 203 220cdis always seem to be 10mpg better and this has to be down to lighter weight.

Funny what happens in the space of a week, this time 7 days ago I was just checking into the hotel, seems like yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom