GTG: Castle Combe Skid Pan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Excellent, thanks for your effort. Will sort out payment when we know exact costs etc.

Excellent effort, thank you very much
You have PM with my address and phone number.
I'll be travelling down with Ian so will let you know AM/PM when I have spoken to him. As you know we are coming 200 miles ish but we are toying with the idea of travelling down Saturday and staying overnight so it may well be the AM session is better.

Thanks again.

Thanks Andrew for sorting that out, just let me know about payment etc

Hi Andrew,

Count me and the wife in. We are not bothered about AM or PM so let me know which one needs filling when you have numbers confirmed. Also (like everyone else) let me know who and when to send the cheque to!

Should we bring crash helmets? :devil:

Guy

Andrew,
2 places confirmed.

Myself and Ian will make the AM session.

Just the one question, are spectators allowed and if so, is there a charge for them ?
Damn thats 2 questions..:crazy:

Just to Confirm what Ray has posted. Might be able to talk my brother and his twin supercharged Jaguar along too from Reading. That is if you get stuck for an extra body. I am PM ing you my details.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks for the PMs chaps, got all your details. Ray, I believe spectators are allowed, at no cost. There will be no refreshments laid on, but I think there is a vending machine or two.

Updated list:

Code:
Name             No        AM/PM    Status
---------------- --------- -------- -----------------
Flyer            1         PM       CONFIRMED
Steve_Perry      1
GrahamC230K      1         ?        CONFIRMED
sym              1         Any      CONFIRMED       
Maff             2/3
RichardM         1         PM       CONFIRMED
mayoga           ?
doriant          1
Ian B Walker     1         AM       CONFIRMED
kikkthecat       1         AM       CONFIRMED
steve_bcs        2
jimmy            1
Sasha            1         Any      CONFIRMED
Gizmo750         2         Any      CONFIRMED
iced-out         2
Mark300SL        1/2
That's now a minimum of 19, maximum of 21. Can everyone else on the list who haven't confirmed let me know if you are want a place, how many and whether you want the AM or PM session.

There's a few places left, so if anyone else wants to come, speak up, err, type up! :bannana:

With Steve, Dorian, Matt, Sym and Graham along for a laugh I just cannot say no.

Called Ben and he wants in! Please put me down for two - will pm later tonight.

Spoke to my brother this evening, he definatley wants to come if there is room.

Flyer said:
What I can tell you is that we can have an exclusive *3 hour* booking of the skid-pan for £700+VAT for 12 drivers, using FWD and RWD cars (Lynn @ CC apologised that their RWD car is a BMW :p ). That works out at £68.54 each.

Do we drive both FWD and RWD or can we choose just one or do double on a RWD car for example?

GrahamC230K said:
Do we drive both FWD and RWD or can we choose just one or do double on a RWD car for example?

Went to CC earlier this year and you go on both FWD and RWD (a BMW and a Rover if my memory serves) to learn the different techniques in skid control for the 2 drive trains (I'm with you though RWD is much more fun :D )
It is a great day out!!!

GrahamC230K said:

Can't imagine there would be much demand for the FWD car from a bunch of Merc drivers, can you? ;) . (AFAIK there's only one of each so you have to go in the FWD - get you used to the understeer for when you go 4WD :D )

Flyer said:
Can't imagine there would be much demand for the FWD car from a bunch of Merc drivers, can you? ;) . (AFAIK there's only one of each so you have to go in the FWD - get you used to the understeer for when you go 4WD :D )
They do have 2 BMW's (a 320 and a 325) so they may let you specify just using them "Flyer"??

Aah, I didn't know that they had 2 - would probably throw them though as I seem to remember them showing the difference between FWD and RWD skids. Can't hurt to ask though ...

Yeah FWD 50% fun RWD 150% fun got to be worth giving it a bash and see what they say.
(I'm not even signed up to this GTG so just ignore me :D )
(Still working on the wife so who knows may get on it yet)

Hello all

This looks fun and having attended the Nurburgring trip and not driven
at all would be good to get some practice in !!!!!

I would like to attend , same session as Graham C230K ( my brother ). If same session not possible then im less interested.

Anything I need to do or pay for, shout at Graham to remind me.

Matt

Ian, got your PM, added your bro; added Scott; added Matt (with Graham); deleted mayoga (not heard from you mate, but if you're interested, need to hear from you pronto ;) ).

Updated list:

Code:
Name             No        AM/PM    Status
---------------- --------- -------- -----------------
Flyer            1         PM       CONFIRMED
Steve_Perry      1
GrahamC230K      2         ?        CONFIRMED
sym              1         Any      CONFIRMED       
Maff             1         AM       CONFIRMED
RichardM         1         PM       CONFIRMED
doriant          1
Ian B Walker     2         AM       CONFIRMED
kikkthecat       1         AM       CONFIRMED
steve_bcs        2
jimmy            1
Sasha            1         Any      CONFIRMED
Gizmo750         2         Any      CONFIRMED
iced-out         2
Mark300SL        1/2
scotth_uk        2                  CONFIRMED
That's now a minimum of 23, maximum of 25. Maff and Mark, how many places do you want? Others who aren't confirmed, can you, err, confirm please (AM/PM preference).

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we arrange or is it included to have some instruction on what to do in a aquaplaning situation? Wide AMG wheels are great :D

GrahamC230K said:
Can we arrange or is it included to have some instruction on what to do in a aquaplaning situation? Wide AMG wheels are great :D

Please put me down for one more!

Flyer, sorry for the delay, have sent you a pm.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom