GTG: Castle Combe Skid Pan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey guys - have a fantastic time:D . Wish I was coming, I'd love to go a skid pan:bannana: I'll be thinking of you all - with great envy:( I presume someone's going to have camera etc and do the deed?

Graham,

looks like the local wild-life have been nibbling away at the bottom front of that Beemer :p :p

S.

Manual ...... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! :crazy: :crazy:

Graham - you have the distinct advantage over the rest of us (lazy sods) in that case !!

S.

sym said:
Manual ...... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! :crazy: :crazy:

Graham - you have the distinct advantage over the rest of us (lazy sods) in that case !!

S.
Well, I was going to reply with something provocative earlier, but in all truth, if you all have really been stuck behind 2 pedals exclusivley for that long, just driving in poor conditions in a manual may be enough to think of, let alone trying to implement newly learnt skills!!

I should imagine most of the course is carried out in a single lowish gear once you are moving anyway. Fear not, you can't forget.

GrahamC230K said:
Fear not, you can't forget.

Indeed ... but if I make a complete hash of it and take another section out of the BMWs front bumper, I will deny all knowledge of driving my g/f's manual Astra on a regular basis, will insist that I have only ever driven my own auto CLK for the last four years and that my left foot is only used for applying my footbrake (and, obviously, footy).

:cool:

GrahamC230K said:
Fear not, you can't forget.
Tell me about it . . . the left hand drive, manual A-Class courtesy car in Stuttgart was enough to remind me & fine-tune the co-ordination skills !

S.

Flyer said:
Could be a bit wet and blowy! Sunday's Weather

High: 12°C
Wind: From the South Southwest at 24 mph

12 Degrees ?? That's shorts and T-shirt weather round here. It'll make a nice change to feel WARM rain.. :D :D

Oh and I'll bring a camera, just to make sure I catch everyone's embarrassing moments.

kikkthecat said:
Oh and I'll bring a camera, just to make sure I catch everyone's embarrassing moments.
Well thats me stuffed then :crazy: :crazy:

It is looking like they won't be needing to manually add any water to the track, nature will take care of that.

RichardM said:
It is looking like they won't be needing to manually add any water to the track, nature will take care of that.
Hmm...a bit windy out there too. M40 was a bit gusty to say the least earlier.

See you all there. Hoping to be there for 9ish, will be travelling A34, M4.

Many Thanks to Flyer for arranging such a cracking day! :bannana:

Had lots of fun out there, can't wait to see the pictures and Scotts video's!!!

Cheers,

Matt.

I also had a fantastic time, many thanks Andy (Flyer) for arranging such a great day out. Top Banana!! :bannana:

It was also great to catch up with old faces and meet new ones too, thanks to everyone for so much fun and a cracking time. :D

Now where's those pics? ;)

S.

Superb day - thanks again to Andrew for organising.

Learnt a lot, (and had fun too !!)

S.

Great Day, many thanks to Andrew (Flyer) for sorting things out.

Good to see the old faces and some new faces again.

What's that Graham I hear you say "Clutch UP..... Accelerator DOWN" :confused: or was it the other way round .. :D

Anyway, great day, must download and Edit the video ..... :)

Nice to see everyone. It was a real blast.

Sometime this week, I'll move the footage to the PC and get editing. I'll do my best to remove the swearing from that stupid Aussie git.

One oher thing - I put that damn BMW in the ditch on purpose! After all it's a BMW. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom