GTG: Castle Combe Skid Pan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just to add my thanks to Andy for sorting out a great day. Me and the wife had a great time.

Hope that everyone got home in one piece through the downpour that followed the second session and also hope that I haven't given anyone else my cold after sneezing all over the place :crazy:

Nice to meet everyone and put some faces to the names

Guy

Hi Gizmo

Did you do the scenic A36 route or wimp out and so the M4?

The A36 route was not pleasant with oodles of standing water and some 'floods'!

Had a very pleasant dinner in the George on the way back though. :)

Regards
NormanB

NormanB said:
Hi Gizmo

Did you do the scenic A36 route or wimp out and so the M4?

The A36 route was not pleasant with oodles of standing water and some 'floods'!

Had a very pleasant dinner in the George on the way back though. :)

Regards
NormanB
Was your car muddy when you got back home or had all the rain washed it off? ;) I thought I was gonna come a cropper too coming off that grass verge, fortunately I didn't.

S.

Andrew, top dog. Top day. Brilliant, what else is there to say but a big thanks from me and the round one (wife). My time at the end was absolutly terrible and as a result am now licenced to drive Miss Daisy. That aside I learnt a lot. One being, I dont want to own a Beamer :p Thanks Mate :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Norman,

I bottled and headed down the M4 - it was really not pleasant and nor was the A34 - lots of standing water and too many idiots.

Not to worry.

PS Top effort Steve P for the pushing in the rain :bannana:

As I've probably said elsewhere, or to somebody else, it was a [murray] fantastic [/murray] day that I think everybody enjoyed - and that's what makes it worthwhile.

And be thankful they were BMWs - if they were Mercs you might have treated them with some respect, instead of revving the b*ll*cks off them, and trying to blow up the diff! :p

Just checking the Karting out - how does a 2.5 hour endurance race for approx £60 sound? :devil:

Cheers
Andrew

PS. Scott - leave the swearing in - your 'ring video wouldn't be half as funny without the swearing ;)

Ian - you have a very understanding wife :D

Karting, did someone mention Karting? :D Book me, my lad, my brother and quite possibly my daughter in as well.

Steve_Perry said:
Was your car muddy when you got back home or had all the rain washed it off? ;) I thought I was gonna come a cropper too coming off that grass verge, fortunately I didn't.

S.

Sorry Steve

Was that you who rather gallantly gave me a push assist?

Sorry but I have advanced alzheimers and couldn't recall and identify
who carried out that great deed!

To my eternal embarrassment - I should have hung around to check you got out OK too:eek:

Many thanks - and sorry :eek:

NormanB

PS: That was the first and last time I take my old Merc off road.

NormanB said:
Sorry Steve

Was that you who rather gallantly gave me a push assist?

Sorry but I have advanced alzheimers and couldn't recall and identify
who carried out that great deed!

To my eternal embarrassment - I should have hung around to check you got out OK too:eek:

Many thanks - and sorry :eek:

NormanB

PS: That was the first and last time I take my old Merc off road.
Yup that was me!! :) LOL 'push assist' sounds like a new fangled Mercedes optional extra... :D
Sales monkey: "What options does sir want fitted?"
Customer: "Xenons, COMAND, parktronic and ooh ooh push assist please" :D :p

Don't worry, no need for apologies mate. After I gave you a push out, I put my car in 'W' mode and didn't touch the throttle, I just let the car creep out and all was fine. :D You had loads of mud over the back of your car and tyres, I hope that washed off in all that rain.

S.

Ian B Walker said:
Karting, did someone mention Karting? :D Book me, my lad, my brother and quite possibly my daughter in as well.

OH Karting!!!!
PUT ME DOWN if this goes ahead!!!! (and poss wife, brother in law)
Still I'm knackerd on power to weight at 20 stones :(

lotusmark2 said:
OH Karting!!!!
PUT ME DOWN if this goes ahead!!!! (and poss wife, brother in law)
Still I'm knackerd on power to weight at 20 stones :(
Depending on when - I could be up for this.

S.

lotusmark2 said:
Do they do longer sessions??

No, but the endurance sesssion would be say, a team of three, alternating every 10-15 minutes - believe me, you will need a rest after 15 minutes unless you have forearms like Popeye :p .

I would have thought we could book two, maybe three sessions to cater for the number of karters expected.

The other option is a Kart Grand Prix for individual drivers, but I need to find more info about this. Perhaps a new thread is in order ...

Cheers
Andrew

Flyer said:
more info about this. Perhaps a new thread is in order ...
Andrew

Just call you Mr FIX IT :D
New thread may be a good move from the looks of things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom