GTG: Castle Combe Skid Pan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
Just a note to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this - just waiting for some info to come through from Castle Combe.

What I can tell you is that we can have an exclusive *3 hour* booking of the skid-pan for £700+VAT for 12 drivers, using FWD and RWD cars (Lynn @ CC apologised that their RWD car is a BMW :p ). That works out at £68.54 each.

It is possible to book two sessions (ie. morning and afternoon), but might be difficult to do, as clearly they need to be exclusive sessions.

They can do a combined activity day; any two out of skid-pan, karting or 4x4. This also lasts 3 hours and costs £1000+VAT for the first 12 drivers and £60+VAT for each additional, upto a maximum of 48. This would mean that obviously the skid-pan training would be considerably reduced.

They do have meeting rooms, but these could possibly be in use at a weekend. I believe week-day rates are cheaper, but I don't think that would suit any of us. I would imagine we need to get a firm feel for how many would want to go and when.

When I did it a couple of years ago, 3 people went out at a time, so you could take the p*ss out of your mate as he oversteered into oblivion :D . There was a room with tea/coffee where you/partners could relax between sessions.

For afterwards: there was a greasy spoon at the racetrack (short walk) - (did a lovely bacon sandwich) or there is the Manor House Golf Club across the road, or a couple of pubs in the village.

Will report back when the bumf comes through.

Cheers
Andrew

Reactions: sym
Wow thanks for your efforts Andrew, that sounds like it could be a good laugh, plus a learning experience too. Not bad for £68.

I'll keep watching this space.

S.

£68.54 is great, put me down a definate, pending proposed dates.

Reactions: sym
Put me down for two definates, three is a possibility.

Originally posted by sym
I'm in. Assume this will be New Year now ?

S.

Yep, it's up to us but I would have thought mid March would be good - Jimmy's was 16 March and weather was pretty good then.

Yep me definately, the sooner the better too given the poor driving conditions at the moment!

Originally posted by Flyer
Yep, it's up to us but I would have thought mid March would be good - Jimmy's was 16 March and weather was pretty good then.

It may well be new year before we get this finalised and booked, but surely we are not waiting for good weather for the skid pan??

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
It may well be new year before we get this finalised and booked, but surely we are not waiting for good weather for the skid pan??

Ha! I thought someone would pick me up on that! Good weather for the skid pan? Obviously not necessary ... good weather for afterwards ... hmm, maybe ;) .

Honestly, I don't mind, so if the general concensus is January, then I'm all for it. Opinions and numbers please :)

Did this skid-pan training at CC a couple of years ago and I must say it was a excellent afternoon.

May even consider doing this again :)

Gav.

well thats two of us from the North, mind you the weather up here is always bad or so we are told. Should be a doddle for Ray and I lol. Looking forward to it big time.

I would like to come too, depending on the day and work shifts and peoples holidays.

Interesting that I just looked at that map and it is not too far from where I lived when I was a kid. I was born in Bath, and lived at Gastard, just south of Corsham, went to school at Shaw until I was about 6 or 7 then we moved to Oxfordshire. Was down that way on Friday for a Funeral, long drive but not too bad if you're coming along the M4.

Received the info from the skid pan - didn't really give any extra info. Had another chat with them and the course is run all week.

So, we could do with getting a firm idea of when we want to go.

Here's a list of January dates that are currently available. Once they have one person booking a course, these dates are not available, for exclusive use, anymore. AM is 09.30 - 12.30, PM is 13.00 - 16.00

Sun 18/01/04 - AM/PM
Sat 24/01/04 - AM
Sat 31/01/04 - AM
Sun 01/02/04 - AM/PM

There are more dates available into February. This is a list of those who have responded positively (name, number, preferred day, preferred date):

Flyer, 1, Sunday, Any after 18/01
Steve_Perry, ?,
GrahamC230K, 1,
sym, 1,
Maff, 2/3,
RichardM, 1,
mayoga, ?,
doriant, 1,
Ian B Walker, 1,
kikkthecat, 1,
steve_bcs, 2,
jimmy, 1,

Bear in mind that if we have more than 12 drivers, we would have to book two sessions, AM and PM. As I understand it, we wouldn't have to *completely* fill the second session.

Do we know how long each we get, becuase my calculations show only 15mins each for £70. Or is that 15mins in each of the two cars?

Cheers!

Originally posted by Flyer
...Steve_Perry, ?,...
Sorry Andrew I should have been more clear, put me down as a 'YES' please :D so that would be...

Steve_Perry, 1,

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom