GTG on Sunday 14 May 2006...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Many thanks to Ian for fitting my shocks and taking a look at my accelerator pedel, the car now drives so much better! If all goes to plan the next time we meet Ian will have fitted my E36 lump into the 124 :bannana:

Last edited:
Good to see you all again and to the new faces.
Thanks for making mine and Gareth's day a memorable one.
Apologies to Carolyn again Graham.
Maybe you could do the same to me when you get the S4 :D
Mac.

machasm said:
Good to see you all again and to the new faces.
Apologies to Carolyn again Graham.

Mac.

Karolin's fine. Do not worry. Not the only driver I have met who can't handle being a passenger! My fault for not clearing with her first that your car was so much faster than mine!! Must teach her to spot an AMG at 50 paces!!

I enjoyed the 2nd very much, thank YOU.

Great Pics everyone!! Seems like you all had a great time.

Nav,
Your SEC looks great. Don't even think of selling this one. I've always admired the SECs but unfortunately, we don't find many of these in Pakistan and the very few leftovers are in delapitated conditions due to lack of technical expertise and few uncaring owners.

Asif.

Asif Kazani said:
Great Pics everyone!! Seems like you all had a great time.

Nav,
Your SEC looks great. Don't even think of selling this one. I've always admired the SECs but unfortunately, we don't find many of these in Pakistan and the very few leftovers are in delapitated conditions due to lack of technical expertise and few uncaring owners.

Asif.

2nd that motion.... your SEC looks awesome in the flesh, really really nice job :D

Glad you all had a great time. Always grand to see the pic's and here people's reports back. Shows what a great forum this is when it spills out into the real world;) :D :rock:

Was nice to meet up with faces old and new.
Some very nice cars there.
Thanks to Mac for the ride in the Clk 55:D
An excellent gtg and thanks again to Maff for letting us use the car park.
Roll on the next one:bannana: :bannana:

Yes a great day had by one and all. Good to meet up with everyone old and new and lots of pretty ladies. Thanks to the people who travelled many miles to be at the GTG which is very much appreciated. SYM the first BClass i have seen good looking car. Will what a lovley clean and original 190. Nav thanks for bringing the SEC you can see what a lot of work you and your freinds have gone to refurbishing it, a credit to you all.Thanks for all the photo's. Maff thanks for the use of your car park. See you all at the next one.

Sadly missed the event but the cars look great in the pics.
From the photos KLP 92 seems to be the clear star of the show............well-deserved considering the time and cash poured in!!

Apologies for not making it - I went to see Steve in Maidstone saturday so had to push everything back by a day. Some great looking cars there!

Wow!!!!!

I'm sorry Guys, but I have to say, and please forgive the language, but there is no other way to say it;

The 'SEC' is......... 'EFFING AWESOME'.......
:rock:

BTB 500 said:
Anyway it was nice to see everyone, sorry we couldn't stay that long but the kids were starting to whinge!

Oh, I didn't know kids were allowed. That's the only reason I didn't consider coming. Will bear it in mind for the next one!

Flash said:
Pets are welcome too... :D

I'd never fit the kids AND 4 Border Collies in the back of the SL though! :D

It was great to meet everyone and talk cars. I'd like to thank everybody for not mentioning that I broke down (the car that is, not me) and being patient when it died for a second time, just after we started out to the pub. I went straight to Auto technic in norfolk. They told me there were no error codes and that i'ts very difficult to find unless they can plug it in when it happens. They were very helpful though and looked at it straight away. I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. Did anyone pull the waitress (you know who you are).

Looking forward to the next one. Did someone mention Southampton?

agriff said:
I'd like to thank everybody for not mentioning that I broke down (the car that is, not me) and being patient when it died for a second time, just after we started out to the pub. ?

Actually look on the previous few pages! :D (post 182 pg 13)

I even put an annotated picture so everyone could see ;)

Last edited:
agriff said:
I'd like to thank everybody for not mentioning that I broke down (the car that is, not me) and being patient when it died for a second time, just after we started out to the pub.

Thank goodness for the 190E and those old-school MB toolkits! :D :bannana:

Hope everyone else got back ok :)

Will

agriff said:
.... Did anyone pull the waitress ?
Pics ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom