GTS vs F type R AWD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm assuming Jaguar are aiming for the market of those who can't drive fast cars if they're going down the AWD route...

I've driven an F-Type R (the proper one) and it was fantastic, beautiful looks, really sharp handling with a symphonic soundtrack. Definitely on my to do list.

SPX said:
I'm assuming Jaguar are aiming for the market of those who can't drive fast cars if they're going down the AWD route... I've driven an F-Type R (the proper one) and it was fantastic, beautiful looks, really sharp handling with a symphonic soundtrack. Definitely on my to do list.

The sound track on the Jag is epic I agree. Never driven one but I was surprised how much slower it was around a lap.

SPX said:
I'm assuming Jaguar are aiming for the market of those who can't drive fast cars if they're going down the AWD route... I've driven an F-Type R (the proper one) and it was fantastic, beautiful looks, really sharp handling with a symphonic soundtrack. Definitely on my to do list.

Is that after a Maserati?

The sound track on the Jag is epic I agree. Never driven one but I was surprised how much slower it was around a lap.

I'd be interested to see the lap time of the RWD compared to the GTS, for better or for worse.

What's the price difference between the GT-S and the F-Type R AWD, looking online it's about £40k?

SPX said:
I'd be interested to see the lap time of the RWD compared to the GTS, for better or for worse. What's the price difference between the GT-S and the F-Type R AWD, looking online it's about £40k?

Based on reviews of the AWD vs RWD the lap time of the RWD is unlikely to fair well. But £40k is a big chunk of change.

I stand at the front of a GTS, looking back along the wide bonnet towards the windscreen, and the world is a good place :thumb:,

There's a silver GTs lives local to me, I've seen it three times now and each time I see it I always think it looks kind of small. Almost like an optical illusion.

developer said:
I stand at the front of a GTS, looking back along the wide bonnet towards the windscreen, and the world is a good place :thumb:,

John, I love the look but I would. The world is even better behind the wheel looking down the bonnet ;-)

But £40k is a big chunk of change.

It's horses for courses really, I think the F-Type is slightly less track orientated than the GT-S but you'd have to drive them back-to-back for a clearer comparison.

I can vouch for that F-Type soundtrack. Did an EVO mag/Jaguar day @ Millbrook a while back and drove them all.

I am not a fan of rag tops per se but got out of the convertible last and that is definetly on my shopping list in a few years time when prices drop to pauper levels!

Preferred the V8's to the V6 SC but many petrol heads there preferred the V6 SC as it was better balanced/lighter blah blah. Gimme the V8 I say! What a noise. Cost me a fair few quid to get the Maser sounding like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom