Guaranteed Cheapest Insurance For Anyone Looking..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve just been onto the Debenhams main site from Google. Clicked on policy documents, Clicked, takes me to the same portal page????

Scroll to the bottom. You have “online portal”

I hate the fact that society is making me more suspicious and cautious, but...….

I'd actually call Debenhams on the number from "contact me" on their main website: 0344 840 6305

Please let us know how you get on

I hate the fact that society is making me more suspicious and cautious, but...….

I'd actually call Debenhams on the number from "contact me" on their main website: 0344 840 6305

Please let us know how you get on

Exactly I’m going to do my friend. Hope it’s not a scam. Absolutely bricking it.

What’s the telephone number you called?

Call Debenhams Car Insurance using the number provided by the Debenhams website, but Google it, do and NOT use the telephone number provided in the documents you received or using the link you posted to the portal.

Opencustomerportal. Co . Uk contains very little domain registration information registered.

Where as debenhams.com and debenehamscarinsurance.com both contain full and consistent domain registration information.

I hope you’ve not been scammed but i’m Worried for you right now,

I’ve just been onto the Debenhams main site from Google. Clicked on policy documents, Clicked, takes me to the same portal page????

Scroll to the bottom. You have “online portal”
I’ve not clicked on your portal link (deliberately) but curiously the legitimate website eventually reaches what appears to be the same domain, which is unusual but could be legitimate. Fingers crossed.

The link says debenhamscar.opencustomerportal.co.uk, so the domain name is actually opencustomerportal.co.uk.

This does not mean the portal is not legit, just that Debenhamscar (whoever thet may be) is a small business using a generic customer portal rather then developing their own website.

So in all likelihood this is the broker's portal, and not the insurer's portal.

What was the email address that the documents were emailed from?

That's Debenhams' actual domain:

https://finance.debenhams.com/insurance/car-insurance/

"Debenhams Retail Plc is an Appointed Representative of Eldon Insurance Services Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. No 477112. Eldon Insurance Services Ltd is registered in England and Wales No. 06334001. Registered office Lysander House, Catbrain Lane, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, BS10 7TQ."

Just been on the phone to them now for almost an hr, Checking all my details are correct and accurate. Pleased to say at this moment of time all seems good. I contacted on the number provided on there main website. Full run down of the policy and seems 100% genuine.

Downside is the call centre do not have a Queens spoken voice. Which seems like they are run by a foreign office somewhere perhaps or not, Had to repeat myself numerous of times.
So god forbid if was to claim, How they would deal with it could get frustrating and stressful...

for now starting to see some light at the other side.

Just been on the phone to them now for almost an hr, Checking all my details are correct and accurate. Pleased to say at this moment of time all seems good. I contacted on the number provided on there main website. Full run down of the policy and seems 100% genuine.

Downside is the call centre do not have a Queens spoken voice. Which seems like they are run by a foreign office somewhere perhaps or not, Had to repeat myself numerous of times.
So god forbid if was to claim, How they would deal with it could get frustrating and stressful...

for now starting to see some light at the other side.

Phew! Sorry to worry you, but the scams around at the moment are so sophisticated. I know quite a bit about these kind of things and even I can almost get sucked in! Keep us updated if you get any hassle please

Overseas call centres are a fact of life - we all want lower costs and this is one of the ways companies achieve it.

Phew! Sorry to worry you, but the scams around at the moment are so sophisticated. I know quite a bit about these kind of things and even I can almost get sucked in! Keep us updated if you get any hassle please

Overseas call centres are a fact of life - we all want lower costs and this is one of the ways companies achieve it.

I was literally clinging onto the phone. But seems all is well for now anyway.

Thanks once again guys. Always worth checking. As you never know who and what your dealing with.

That's Debenhams' actual domain:

https://finance.debenhams.com/insurance/car-insurance/

"Debenhams Retail Plc is an Appointed Representative of Eldon Insurance Services Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. No 477112. Eldon Insurance Services Ltd is registered in England and Wales No. 06334001. Registered office Lysander House, Catbrain Lane, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, BS10 7TQ."

Eldon are a claims manager and broker themselves - the actual insurer will be someone else.

I'm sure it'll be legally OK, but as the OP has found, the claims experience might be iffy. Although, to be fair, I'm not thrilled about how LV= handled the recent write off of my daughters car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom