Guaranteed employment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 65149

At their party conference last September, Ed Balls announced that the Labour party would introduce a compulsory jobs guarantee for young people and the long-term unemployed if it wins the next election. He said the scheme would be funded through a tax on bankers' bonuses and by reducing pensions tax relief for people earning £150,000 and more, to the same rate as the average tax payer. Unless you're a high paid banker or earning over £150k this sounds creditable.

Since that conference I've read and heard this proposed scheme over and over again. But nowhere has any of the supporters said HOW these "compulsory jobs" will be created and HOW they will be guaranteed. The unemployed are constantly telling us that there aren't any job vacancies, so where will all these new jobs come from? What are the new opportunities that won't compete with existing jobs and possibly put someone else out of work?

I'm not criticising the intention of the scheme because I'm fully in favour of everyone who is capable of working doing so. But until I hear HOW the Labour party intends to generate all these jobs I'll have as much faith in them being able to do so as I would if they said they'd guarantee that it wouldn't rain so much in Somerset so that there would be no more flooding!

Politics.

Naughty, naughty, very naughty......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom