Guaranteed Future Value - A simple Question ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

travelininstyle

Car
C-Class Sports Coupe AMG 220 Cdi
Hello Guys and a Happy and prosperous New Year to you all ;) - I have a simple question - when entering into Agility type agreements - who sets,or determines the Guaranteed Future Value (GFV) for the vehicle at the end of the agreement term - is it MB Finance - or the local dealership - and how do they determine the value ? - I ask,because I took out a sheet from a group stock folder of a dealership for an E-class same age/similar millage yet the E-class had a lower GFV - most odd - unless it was for illustrative purposes only - but seemed bona fide

Its done by Mercedes finance. They enter the car details, miles etc, term and then it gives you the future value.

J.
Many thanks - I have just picked up a more detailed thread on the subject - it was most informative - seems best to walk away anyway,since dealer states they would not buy the car and rarely if these days,if ever,these days does any dealer offer above GFV - but at least driver does not assume downside risks of major depreciation.

The Residue value is determined by the mileage but more importantly the spec... Not all options effect it but lumpy expensive options bump it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom