Guess the repair costs quiz....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Here's my Christmas Present....

What do you recon the damage is? (I already know!! )

cl55-bang.jpg

Oh Matt that's really sad. Just when you thought insurance was going to get cheaper.

Damage cost to yours, £2100, Fiesta £20

I really feel for you, were you actually sick at the roadside or did you just feel it. :( :(

Edit
Now seen it's a Mondeo.

Last edited:
Unless its affected the door or tracking/tyre 3250 (those front bumpers arent cheap), oh and removing the tear stains another 100.

gary - Merry Xmas Maff

Last edited:
oh my - I dread to think - but have a stab at £2500

PS - you gonna change your sig to show your new mods :D :D

£3300 - Misery mate !!!

You haven't said whose fault it was .......... i take it it wasn't yours ;)

Happy Christmas Matt !!

£3752.32p my guess,Looks nasty did you skid on ice or something?

pluggers said:
£3752.32p my guess,Looks nasty did you skid on ice or something?

love the squirell, only noticed that it was animated (and that my 'bling gauge' was animated) too when i shut down my Zone Alarm for a mo.

Must sort that out, ZA is blocking animated GIFs .

I'll shut up now , i dont want to hijack the thread !!!

Poor Maff

I've got poor eye-sight so £1200, and do NOT take that car round the 'ring.

Take care,
John

I'm going to get in in before someone else does ... "That'll polish out mate"! :D

Seriously, really sorry to see that. No matter who's fault it is, it's still upsetting to see such a beautiful car damaged like that :(

Flyer said:
I'm going to get in in before someone else does ... "That'll polish out mate"! :D

I take it that's what you say to bodyshops that want to change parts for a repair. :rolleyes:

Ouch

today must be the day for bumpers ... there is now a big gouge out my 211 front bumper too :devil:

fuzzer said:
Ouch

today must be the day for bumpers ... there is now a big gouge out my 211 front bumper too :devil:

oops - whose fault was that then?

Total estimated cost ~£3000

Parts needed:
- New Bonnet (cant get that dent out and keep the curves)
- New Bi-Xenon light (£1000+VAT ! )
- New plastic wing
- New washer bottle
- New Pressurised washer jet and assembly
- Labour
- Paint
- May need a new AMG front bumper, however that should 'polish out'

Cut a long story short, I was waiting at a large roundabout to go straight across, looking right to wait for the traffic to clear. Traffic cleared and I started to pull out, looked straight ahead (as I started off without looking ahead for a spilt second) but then saw the Mondeo sat in front of me stopped!
Hit the brakes but the roundabout must have been greasy as I slid about 5 foot before hitting the mondeo. Max speed was about 5mph.

As I hit the mondeo the front literarily exploded, when I guess it is designed to do.

Lesson learned; always look where your going, even if you see cars go past you in the corner of your eye, they could be sat right in front of you!!

nothing that car reversed into you...witnesses sought....£50 each should do it

fuzzer said:

:D Is it related to that famous B Gates (or Bill Gates)

Sorry Fuzzer I just could not resist it and I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune.

John

glojo said:
:D Is it related to that famous B Gates (or Bill Gates)

Sorry Fuzzer I just could not resist it and I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune.

John

I'm not :D :D - aaaw yes - of course I am - but:

did the gates jump out and hit you, were they reversing without checking over their shoulder, did they not have their lights on and so on and so on :D :D

Sorry babes - couldn't resist :D

@ Matt - ouch :eek: - but thinking about AMG bits - not surprising really I s'pose :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom