Guess what ive bought?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All

I sold this car with a very heavy heart....and i doubt i would have sold it to anyone....Jay is a true gent, a smart chap and a true enthusiast ! So although it pain'd me to sell it, i know it's gone to a good home.

Reason for selling was and is, i need to make some space for the Gemballa, which is arriving soon. I also need to cut down the fleet which is now at 13 cars ! I have garage accomodation for 11 so i need to get down to that number !

I gave Jay the choice of buying either of my 500E's and i was secretly hoping he'd buy my black 040 500E....since i have a Black 040 Hammer 560E, i want my 500E to be a different colour...i'm essentially trying not to have two cars the same colour in my fleet.

But Jay wanted facelift and the silver E has covered approx 55k less miles. Otherwise little to choose between the cars.

Only 2 500E's were sold through UK dealerships in 1993 and Jay's E is one of them !

As some of you may know, i have had a Renntech M119 6.3 litre engine constructed, producing 520+ bhp. My tech and I have started work on developing the 6 speed manual to mate to the Renntech block, which is a bespoke solution, there is no off the shelf product.

I want my 500E to be :

- a different colour to my Hammer
- one that i can modify / refurbish to be a true Renntech 500E...i have all the Renntech parts...engine, roll bars, exhaust, air filter housing, and wheels

Jay suggested that rather than do a whole modification to the glorious black 500E, buy a high mileage or 'kaput' 500E from Germany and start fresh. Makes absolute sense ! The installation of the Renntech engine/transmission will require a complete rebuild of the drivetain, electronics and clutch/pedal assembly. Doesn;t make sense to do that to a car which currently stands as one of the best 500E's available and one of a handful of black 040 with black leather cars !

So with that now the aim, i will sell my black 500E and begin the search for a fresh project to become a Renntech 500E.

I'll do a new post about that but anyone interested in the black 500E, don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]. The car is superb, I took Jay for a drive in it, so he can tell you how glorious it is...although he'll probably also tell you the silver one he now has i better :rolleyes: ...both have qualities but fundamentally both are in the top tier of 500E's.

Enjoy the silver E Jay....it's a legend and be prepared for some serious attention on the road...people love that car ! Oh, and you know my thoughts on this...the black multi-piece Brabus Monoblock III wheels MAKE that car !

speak later
talbir

Congrats to both Jay and Talbir here; it's always nice when a car goes to a good home especially when the car is something special.

Jay, I look forward to seeing it around town sometime although I will probably hear it first! - if you get tailgated by a silver C220 around Nuneaton, do not get suspicious, I will just be admiring the motor!

Jay's silver 500E is one to be heard as well as seen....i set up the exhaust system to maximise the Brabus rear box.....and good God, it sounds AWESOME !

Line up along the street and ask Jay to pull awa full throttle from a standing start....the sound and speed and total spectale at that point will be simply sensational !

Nav will also testify to the glorious sound of that E !

talbir

Nice photos.. lovely looking motor. I'd love to hear what it sounds like!

Cheers,

Gaz

Absolutely fantastic pictures !

I see you upgraded the stereo ! And added the Brabus door pins ! Look great...with all those genuine Brabus pieces on the car, they don't look tacky at all, look like the car came with them !

I had tears in my eyes looking at those pics...why on earth did i sell it !

Had to remind myself by looking at pics of the Gemballa !

take care buddy, give that car a hug from me !

oh, and update your signature !

cheers
talbir

Thanks for the pics... congratulations on an amazing example of a legendary car! i'm sure you're still shaking with excitement about it all... :)

Missed this thread before Jay and have to say a congratulations on this whopper of a car. A true credit to Talbir also who has no doubt spent a lot of time getting the car to the condition it is now. What an interior also never EVER seen that many switches !

lovely mota jay,those recaros are my favs

Congrats on such an awesome car....furthermore being Talbirs can you can be confident the vehicle is running 100% and everything that needs replacing has been.

Ontop of all this,you surely have a 1 off E500...which is rare enough as the E500 is a rare car itself!

Thanks all, not much else to say...

The car is fantastic.. I love it to bits... Ive spent the weekend checking all the levels, changing some of the fluids and doing some small changes such as the stereo etc...

Its a great car and im certainly going to enjoy this one - If i dont lose my licence first!

First 138 miles used up 40 litres!

15.5MPG!!! Must try harder eh...

Yep. See if you can get below double digits...

I was on holliday so I missed the build up to this one, that is a well kept car and you must try harder on the MPG!!!

I think you have a wonderful car there, very nice indeed. :D :D

But. :devil:

I don't like the wheels, the telephone, the steering wheel or the fact that it's a left hooker.

Other than that I guess I could just about live with her if you ever decided to let her go ;)

Edit: or the stereo, a mon avis, a Becka woulda been betta !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom