Guilt free illness?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I get recurring Glandular Fever from time to time which is a right pain, I always feel guilty taking time off and my current manager at work just doesn't "Get" it- It's the type of thing which is a bugger to shift but in terms of symptoms is never really dramatic enough for anyone to have sympathy! Just basically feel completely drained for weeks/months on end...

Been retired for four years now - my own choice at 53.

Never felt better - try it!

Spectacle wearers will find out what a filthy polluted environment the office is. Mine rarely need cleaning and I've never had another cold.

I'm of the attitude that I DON'T work for this company or that company, I work for MYSELF and MY family. And that if you are sick, you're sick. Finnish & klaar! ;)

I'm of the attitude that I DON'T work for this company or that company, I work for MYSELF and MY family. And that if you are sick, you're sick. Finnish & klaar! ;)

Is that Alice Klaar, the lady from Finland on every German's lips? :D

If you're sick and you don't get paid, you think twice about how sick you are.

Stress and fatigue can down regulate the bodies immune system making you more prone to infections and if you've been flying a lot then the pressurised aircraft air is a great place to pick up airborne infections. Time to take a break to build up your natural defences again. The one thing I don't like are "dedicated " members of staff struggling in to work from their sickbed just to give all their colleagues the same affliction . :rolleyes: This misguided behaviour does no-one any favours IMHO.:crazy:

true - but the company I work for try to take sick days (i.e. without a doctors note) back from holidays. Officially you can get away with 5 days in a rolling 12 months :crazy:

true - but the company I work for try to take sick days (i.e. without a doctors note) back from holidays. Officially you can get away with 5 days in a rolling 12 months :crazy:

Hmmm if you are an employee then that is not on, you are allowed to self certify up to a week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom